Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose what CO Line my SPA525 Picks up to dial Out

Can I choose what CO Line my SPA525 Picks up to dial Out?

I've got 2 CO (FXO) lines pluged into my UC540.  By default my phone dials out on CO Line 2.  I would prefer it to dial out on line CO Line 1.  Can I set the default line to dial out on in the system or on my phone?

A better way to buy phone and internet.
Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I choose what CO Line my SPA525 Picks up to dial Out

Hello Brian,

Ok, In CCA on the outbound dial plan under the PSTN Trunk Group you can configure the FXOs to be used in a sequential order based upon your preference.

Thanks,

-john

Hello Brian,

There is a hookflash softkey that can be added to the phone, that might make this feature work. You will need to create a custom phone template in order to add the hookflash softkey to the phone. You first have to create the new template in CCA under: Configure -> Telephony -> Phone Customization -> Phone Templates -> Template Editor. After creating the new template with the hookflash softkey, then assign the template to the phone under the Template Assignment option under Phone Templates. You will then need to reboot the phone to pickup the new softkey.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

-john

9 REPLIES

Hello Brian,

Yes, this is possible. Are you actually using a CO/key line where the FXO is tied to a phone button? If so, you just need to press the button for the line you want to initiate the call from.

If you are using the FXOs as trunk PBX lines, then there is a couple of ways you could resolve this. In CCA under the outgoing dial plan you could create a new steering digit so that steering digt 8 goes to FXO1 and steering digit 9 goes to FXO2. Also on the outbound dial plan under the PSTN Trunk Group you can configure the FXOs to be used in a sequential order based upon your perference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Hi John, thanks for responding.  I am using the 540 as a key system with two individual lines (not in hunt).  The CO lines appear on my phones as button 2 and button 3.  Button one is my ext. 201, button 4 is a speed dail and button 5 is my mobile link cell phone (which is supper cool!).

When I hit the speed dial button (line 4) or when I just dial 9 for an outside line it automatically picks up and dials out on CO line 2 or line button 3.  I'd like the system to default dial out on CO line 1.

Re: Can I choose what CO Line my SPA525 Picks up to dial Out

Hello Brian,

Ok, In CCA on the outbound dial plan under the PSTN Trunk Group you can configure the FXOs to be used in a sequential order based upon your preference.

Thanks,

-john

Hey that works great, thanks!

is there a way to do a "hook flash" on this system or phone?  The cisco system/phone based feature "call transfer" or "conference" uses a second telephone line.  I have 3way calling and call transfer as a feature on the line itself.  To use the feature I need to perform a "hook flash".  Is there a way to do that? 

Hello Brian,

I don't believe that it is possible to do that. I know you can do a hook flash on analog phones, but it just utilizes the transfer/conference features on the UC instead of with the service provider(ie, like using the transfer/conference softkeys on an IP phone).

I'll do some research and see if I can find a solution for this.

Thanks,

-john

Hello Brian,

There is a hookflash softkey that can be added to the phone, that might make this feature work. You will need to create a custom phone template in order to add the hookflash softkey to the phone. You first have to create the new template in CCA under: Configure -> Telephony -> Phone Customization -> Phone Templates -> Template Editor. After creating the new template with the hookflash softkey, then assign the template to the phone under the Template Assignment option under Phone Templates. You will then need to reboot the phone to pickup the new softkey.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

-john

I think it works!

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the rating.

-john

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content