cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Night Service be used to set System into "After Hours"?

Hello, is it possible to have "Night Service" trigger "After Hours" so the Auto Attendant uses the Night options?

This customer would like the ability to quickly/easily put the system (UC540) into After Hours any time they choose.  Their "open" hours vary daily and are not a set "9 to 5".

I can set them up with Office Manager but the last person onsite varies as well.  This will require teaching OM to every employee.  They would just like to press a phone button or dial a simple number to do so instead.

Any ideas or have you done so in a system already, please let me know.

Thank you, Paul

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paul,

What I do is have a floating extension, say 180, which I use in the incoming Dial Plan as the extension to ring on incoming calls.  In the floating extension configuration it is set to call forward all to a Hunt or Blast group which rings the phones in the office.  For after hours or going into manual night service, I configure extension 180 in the Night Service configuration to "call forward night service" to the AA.  Set the night service schedule under Call Handling->Night Service.

What this will do is when the night service schedule kicks in, or you press the manual night service sequence it will forward right to the AA without ringing the phones in the Hunt/Blast group which 180 normally forwards to.

The AA it uses will depend on the time of day and whether you've set up Business or Closed Hours AA and is totally independent of the Night Service as Jason said.

Think of 180 as a key extension for controlling what happens to incoming calls, to to a Blast/Hunt Groups or is detoured by the Night Service to forward to AA during the Night Service schedule or when invoked manually.

View solution in original post

Hi Paul,

Are you using CCA?  If so you can easily go to Configuration > Dial-Plan > Incoming and set the FXO ports to forward to the floating extension.  Jason is absolutely correct in his setup I do the same all the time, I think you are forgetting to change the FXO ports from forwarding to their current location (I believe the AA) to the Floating extension.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Night Service and the Auto Attendant run on two different schedules.  If the business runs at different hours each day you may want to setup two different Auto Attendants with two different extentions, one for the open hours(398) and one for the closed(396).  Next create a floating ext(299) that does a call fwd all to the daytime auto attendant(398).  Finally configure the night service to forward the floating ext(299) to the night time auto attendant(396).   When the business wants to close turn on night service and the calls will be forwarded to the night time auto attendant.  Hope this helps

Thanks,

Jason Nickle

Jason, I did the set up like you suggested.  You did not mention what, if anything to do to the Night Service Schedule in System Schedule. 

When we dial *222 to put the system into "night service" inbound calls are still ringing the phones for 30 seconds before the AA plays, just like our Open Hours.

Does anything need to be set in the Night Service Schedule?  All checked, all unchecked or a combination?

Thank you, Paul

Paul,

What I do is have a floating extension, say 180, which I use in the incoming Dial Plan as the extension to ring on incoming calls.  In the floating extension configuration it is set to call forward all to a Hunt or Blast group which rings the phones in the office.  For after hours or going into manual night service, I configure extension 180 in the Night Service configuration to "call forward night service" to the AA.  Set the night service schedule under Call Handling->Night Service.

What this will do is when the night service schedule kicks in, or you press the manual night service sequence it will forward right to the AA without ringing the phones in the Hunt/Blast group which 180 normally forwards to.

The AA it uses will depend on the time of day and whether you've set up Business or Closed Hours AA and is totally independent of the Night Service as Jason said.

Think of 180 as a key extension for controlling what happens to incoming calls, to to a Blast/Hunt Groups or is detoured by the Night Service to forward to AA during the Night Service schedule or when invoked manually.

I think the issue I am having has to do with having POTS/FXO connections for voice.  We have 5 POTS lines.  Is there a way to "assign" an extension number to a FXO port?  So then that "extension" can be used in the Incoming Dial Plan?

Here are the "voice-port" configs:

voice-port 0/0/0

station-id name 2165557716

station-id number 4001

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/1

station-id name 2165557717

station-id number 4002

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/2

station-id name 2165550937

station-id number 4003

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/3

station-id name 2165557644

station-id number 4004

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/1/0

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

translation-profile incoming INCOMING_CallerID_PROFILE

ring number 2

connection plar opx 1216

description Configured by CCA COLine-0/1/0-Custom-OP

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/1/1

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

ring number 2

connection plar opx 1213

description Configured by CCA CO Line - 0/1/1-Custom-OP

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/1/2

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

ring number 2

connection plar opx 1214

description Configured by CCA CO Line - 0/1/2-Custom-OP

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/1/3

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

ring number 2

connection plar opx 1215

description Configured by CCA CO Line - 0/1/3-Custom-OP

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/2/0

trunk-group ALL_FXO 60

ring number 2

connection plar opx 1212

description Configured by CCA COLine-0/2/0-Custom-OP

caller-id enable

Hi Paul,

Are you using CCA?  If so you can easily go to Configuration > Dial-Plan > Incoming and set the FXO ports to forward to the floating extension.  Jason is absolutely correct in his setup I do the same all the time, I think you are forgetting to change the FXO ports from forwarding to their current location (I believe the AA) to the Floating extension.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

Trent, I was able to get it to work correctly by setting the main inbound number (1216) in the Night Service, so when *2222 is dialed it forces 1216 to the After Hours AA.

Thank all of you for your help.  Paul

Thanks John, your post helpd me too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: