Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not access prompt management

Updated an older UC520 to package 8.1 now we can not access prompt management.

The CCA & CUE GUI show the extension "300" but when it is dialed from a connected phone it rings "busy".

I can provide show runs of UC and/or CUE if needed.

Thank you, Paul

18 Replies 18

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Can you please confirm that you have a voip dial-peer that points to the CUE pilot?

Maybe if you can provide the running configuration with the sensitive stuff removed.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David, I am attaching all references from the running config.  Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 300
application "promptmgmt"
enabled
maxsessions 1
end trigger

I was always under the impression that maximum sessions was set to 6 but in this instance it is set to 1, not that i think this will just struck out to me as being odd.

Although i am not sure if the ACL entry is an issue as i cant see that, can you do a debug of when you try and call the CUE so we can see what is going on??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David, "maxsessions 1" is the default for Prompt Management.

The dialogue box does not allow a change.

I have an engineer looking at this now.  Here is what he suggested:

Please check following steps to enable/recover prompt manager:

1. Connect to the CUE webpage (default url is 10.1.10.1) and login.

2. Go to System -> Call-in Numbers and click on Add.

3. Select 'promptmgmt' from the Application drop down menu.

4. Choose a new extenstion number appropriate to your dial
plan to use for prompt management (our example: 777). Enter this in the Call-in Number field and click the Add button.

5. Next go to Configure -> Groups and click on Add.

6. Enter a Group ID and name for the group and select Administration via Telephone under Capabilities, then click Add.

7. Now go to Configure -> Users and select the user you wish to have the ability to record prompts.

8. If the user does not already have a pin number, enter
one now.  Note that a pin number is necessary to access the feature.

9. Click on Configureà Groups. Click find and select the group
you just created. Click Owners/Members. Click Owners/Members    Click Subscribe member.  Click Find. Click users. Click Select row(s).

10. Repeat steps 7-9 for all users you wish to let record prompts.

11. Now SSH into the router.  At the global configuration
prompt enter the following commands (replace 777 with the desired extension number):

dial-peer voice XXX voip

description **cue prompt management number**

destination-pattern 6500

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

* Note that 10.1.10.1 is the default ip address for CUE.

Recording Your Prompts

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update, let us know how you go with it all

Cheers,

David.

I was looking for an explanation to use the prompt management, because I tried to access to the prompt recording extension, but the operator asked me for my extension and then for my PIN number.

I wasn´t able to find or change the PIN number, but after I read this thread, I found that, inside the CUE

Configure -> Users -> Edit User -> change PIN number

Now, I can record prompts from the phone. Thanks,

Rosana, glad to see you found an answer here.

About the Prompt issue above, we are leaning towards resetting CUE to factory default then redoing the upgrade.

I will post the results.  Paul

Hi Paul,

we are leaning towards resetting CUE to factory default then redoing the upgrade

In regards to this comment, can I asked what made you arrive to this decision?

For me it is good to understand why some people choose one path from the other(s) it kind of helps me to refine my processes as well.

Also am I right in thinking that you resolved the Prompt Management issue or the problem still exists and you want to reset it to factory defaults and start again so you can see if that resolves the problem?

Cheers,

David.

AvT (Administration via Telephone) is certainily a feature we expect to work.  When you run the CCA TSW it will ask you for one use authorized to dial the AvT extension.  But after that in Day 2 CCA usage (CCA Expert Mode), you can authorize every phone via the CCA Prompt Management TAB in the AA GUI window.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14594  is a lab we posted to show how it can work from outside dialing in as well.....

Hope it helps.  If this doesnt work, it would be a bug.

Steve

HI there,

I am having a similar issue however I can successfully dial the Prompt management number but the pin number fails when trying to log in. I cant find anywhere in CCA 3.0 to change the pin number. Is there anywhere? Also, I subsequently went into the ephone configuration and manually entered a pin but still no luck. Is this the correct place to add it? (I would use the GUI but I cannot get authentication to work for it either...)

Hi rmcewin,

This was exactly my problem. I explain it in my answer:

I wasn´t able to find or change the PIN number, but after I read this thread, I found that, inside the CUE

Configure -> Users -> Edit User -> change PIN number

The CUE address is  http://10.1.10.1

Regards,

It's entered from phone (tui) by user himself when authenticating to CUE first time.  AvT uses that.

As the gentleman stated, you can adjust this from that GUI as well.

Thanks for the replies. The user can access his VM using that pin OK however the propmpt management fails when using the same one. I am having trouble accessing the gui at the moment however I finally found out how to set the pin via cli.

CUE#username john pin 1234

Dont go into conf t mode. Thats what had me fooled.

It's entered from phone (tui) by user himself when authenticating to CUE first time. AvT uses that.

As the gentleman stated, you can adjust this from that GUI as well.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: