cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can not take a call off of PARK when phone is on call forward all

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

I have a client who showed me something interesting.  They have a user who likes to place his phone on call-forward-all when he leaves the building to go directly to his voicemail (don't ask why - just except it).  When a call comes in, someone answers it from a different phone... then places the call on PARK.  Then walks into the persons office who's phone is on Call-Forward-All and tries to retrieve the call off of PARK.. the phone forwards the caller on PARK into the voicemail of the persons phone who is on CALL FORWARD ALL.    Just an a better explaination the office manager wanted to use the office of the user who was on vacation for privacy during a conversation, so she went into his office and closed the door.. and tried to take a call off of PARK and the caller went directly into Voicemail of the person who was on vacation and the caller had to call back into the system. 

When I think about this... it makes some sense..  If the main button/extension/line is on Call Foward All and a user presses the PARK extension (we have that on button 3 and button 4 on a 7965 phone for easy access to PARK slots) it transfers the call to the main button... and that is programmed to go into voicemail directly with the call forward all settings.  but I thought to myself that I could show her a different way to pick the call up in this situation...  Just pick up the phone and call the PARK SLOT directly by entering the extension of the PARK slot (in this example 3000) this way she would be initiating the call to the PARK slot and the phome wouldnt run the CALL FORWARD ALL settings... but guess what happened?  The caller went into VOICEMAIL directly... again.

it is almost like PARK initiates a reverse call into the extension of the phone no matter if your phone is offhook or not.  weird. 

John Nikolatos

www.niktek.com

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a know issue, you can search for the thread discussiing it.

Cisco will not change this behavoir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: