cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to internet on uc320w

kelvin.lacy
Level 1
Level 1

Am setting up an sbs 2011 server to a uc320w. Have installed sbs fine and have had uc320 acting separately as the DHCP server with Internet conn

ected to a test pc. Now I wish to connect the uc320 to the sbs server and have changed the topology to have the server as the DHCP and give the UC320 a static ip address. I have followed the Cisco PDF of instructions and can confirm that the SBS server correctly issues an ip address to a pc connected to the router. However when I go into the uc320 WAN configuration and let that default to DHCP - the UC320 says that it cant connect to the cloud. Does that need a static Internet IP to work ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

Hi Kelvin,

Could you help clarify your network topology?  Is the UC320W WAN port connected to the internet MODEM or is it connected to the SBS?

Have you tried plugging a PC in to the same link that the UC320W WAN port was connected to see if the PC can recieve a DHCP address?

Chris

Hi Chris

It's a modem/router and is connected to the UC320. I have just got back to trying some other approaches and have set the modem/router to 'bridge' mode and the UC320 to pppoe - and entered my login details. To my great relief it worked and SBS then recognised the UC320. Remember this worked when the UC320 was a DHCP server - so for future benefit - can you explain why there was a conflict ?

We've been using the voice side of the UC320 and really pleased - but we still don't always get the caller id !

(latest firmware is installed)

Thanks

Hi Kelvin,

If this site is using FXO trunks, make sure you have run the Impedance Matching tool found on the FXO page of the Configuration Utility.  Help on the page has details for running the tool.  You should run this for each of your FXO trunks.

Separately, there will be a new Limited Deployment release announced on this support community shortly (next week or so) with a number of fixes including a Caller ID fix I believe.

Chris

Chris - sorry to ask again but in regard to the WAN connection when SBS is the DHCP server - should it be possible to connect a modem/router to the WAN port when the UC320 is not the DHCP server.

Thanks

Hi Kelvin,

Yes, you are correct.  The WAN port network configuration is independent of the selected topology chosen on the LAN.  The WAN port can be configured as a DHCP client, a static IP, PPPoE, etc.  When there is a LAN side Windows SBS server we are configuring the DATA VLAN of the UC320W as either a static IP address or to act as a DHCP Client (of the SBS server).  Your topology should look something similar to this: (click to enlarge)

Cheers,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: