cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CCA Bug with CDR Accounting

Hi Cisco Team,

A bug OR what seems to be a bug within CCA has been found and it took the better part of today to diagnose it and resolve it ( 9 hours worth sadly )

Firstly CCA does not insert the right information when creating the gw-accounting configuration the following is what it inserts:

gw-accounting file

primary ftp 192.168.10.1 username XXXXX password 7 0822455D0A16

maximum buffer-size  15

maximum retry-count 3

maximum fileclose-timer 60

maximum cdrflush-timer 50

This does not work on any FTP server programs obtainable, either 3CDaemon, Filezilla, Inbuilt Windows one, Solar Winds and 3 others.

The following configuration had to be made to get it to work:

gw-accounting file

primary ftp 192.168.10.1:21/cdr username XXXXX password 0 <NO Encryption>

acct-template callhistory-detail

maximum buffer-size  15

maximum retry-count 3

maximum fileclose-timer 60

maximum cdrflush-timer 50

cdr-format compact

The thing that makes this a unique issue is that you cannot update this using CCA, once it is created and if you modify it, the request in information change is ignored and in the "F2" log it does not even show the transmission of this information or any error messages, none are produced.

However on all the FTP programs being used it rejects the username and password without hesitation even though it shows up in the logs that the right username is being sent on the FTP side, but in the "debug ip ftp" NOTHING shows up at all,l but as soon as you remove the encryption to the password she started to work.

This is all I have at the moment as my mind is a little mashed from debugging this all day, but I am fairly certain that there is a bug more so with the one of CCA not updating the information when you change the parameters.

Good news is the client can start billing the hotel room guests (I HOPE) and this is another problem of my back, a few more to sort out through, just hoping that they are not as difficult to resolve as this one.

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT]

This thread was exceptionally helpful to me and might be helpful to others as well.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3218512#3218512

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

I'm a little confused here.  When you have the first config snippet applied, do you see an attempt to log on to the ftp server or not?  You say the ftp server rejects the requests, yet you see nothing in the debug.  Unless the debugs are horribly busted (possible), you should see messages for the transation indicating failure.

If the connection attempt is being made and being bounced due to bad credentials, it might be worth double checking the encrypted password is correct.  The encryption here is better known as obfuscation, and it can be easily reversed using any number of tools available on the internet.  If you can confirm the encrypted version of the password, that points us in the right direction.  Right now I'm not clear whether this is a CCA problem with the config being applied, or an IOS problem with encrypted passwords.

Cheers,

Dave.

Community Member

Hi Dave,

I should have pointed that out in my post, but you will have to forgive me as yesterday I felt like I had been hit by a MAC truck.

On the CLI in Term Mon, it was showing error 516 and then after making changes it turned to error 1154 then after making further changes to the password (Changed about 30 odd times) it began to work.

This for me though was not so much the issue, it was the fact that you cannot manage this with CCA, as soon as you change the FTP address or add anything else to it, it says it applied it, then you click refresh and it reverts back to the original settings, and the F2 debug screen shows it doing something on the system but nothing related to the changes. So no matter what was done CCA would not update the FTP details it had to be done via CLI.

NOTE: CCA 3.1.1 was being used for this..

The only time the FTP debug information would come up is when it started to work, YES I know that doesn't make sense, but that is exactly what was happening.

Anyway now that it is working, I have many other fires to put out and I can revist this later on and work it up on the our Office system, since it is not a full production system I can break it a little to produce the results needed to assist with any further information.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content