cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Data VLAN id on UC540/UC560 with CCA?

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

I will be installing a UC560 in a network where the Data VLAN id is 2.  I initially configured the UC560 with the default id (1) in my lab with the thought to change it later via CCA.  Going to CCA yesterday, there doesn't appear to be a way to change the Data VLAN and I assume I will need to go back to factory defaults and go through the set up wizard again (other than using the CLI).  Is this correct?

7 Replies 7

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know, it's not possible to change the VLAN ID's on the UC using CCA. I wanted to do the same but I couldn't find any options. Even during the Telephony Wizard, the VLAN ID is not changeable.

I resorted to changing it using CLI.

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Why not create another vlan and then modify the subnet? You can't delete vlan 1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Marcus,

I did create a VLAN 2 and numbered it, but I want the switch at the phone to tag Voice with 100 and the Data with 2 as it's going into a 2960/3560 infra-structure where Voice will go to the UC560 and data onto the network infra-structure.  Maybe the question should be does the UC560 and SPA phones handle a data vlan other than id 1 from the phones and if it does how do the phones get that knowledge?

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Did you configure the access ports to handle vlan 2? That option should be configured under smartports.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I checked and tried and found that there are too many places where VLAN 1 is referenced in CCA and changing it is not supported, but changing the IP address of the Data VLAN is supported, in expert mode.

True. Vlan 1 can never be deleted not even in cli. I would make myself do pushups if I didn't know that one. But adding a vlan and assigning it the 192.168.10.0 subnet can get ugly because you would have to reassign the vlan 1 to a different subnet first.

Sent from my iPhone

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

My original query was because I assumed I had to place the UC560 data VLAN on the same VLAN to be used on the network for data.  I thought that the data VLAN information had to be pushed to the phones so the phones could tag both Voice and Data packets.  As I researched more, that is entirely wrong.  The data traverses from the phones untagged and the switch where it is connected will apply/strip the data VLAN tag.  On a ESW 540 switch I configured the ports connecting the phones to be configured as 100T (Tagged) and replaced 1U (Untagged), the default, with 2U (Untagged).  The switch will then apply/strip VLAN tag 2 to the data from/to the phone with the Voice traffic already tagged by the phone.

Here is an article that helped me, written for Catalyst switches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_example09186a0080722cdb.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: