cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

checking voice mail remotely

raypjones
Level 1
Level 1

I appologize in advane if there is a thread for this, there are lot of discussions.

So my question is simple (I hope)

So I have a UC540 and I want to be able to have users be able to call into their phones and retrieve voice messages remotely.

Is this a feature that can be managed from the UC540, or is this more a  phone specifit feature?

If you need more info to answear, please let me know.

5 Replies 5

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Have the user's caller their phone and when the voicemail greeting starts to play, press *. This will then prompt them for the voicemail credentials in order to access their mailbox.

Thanks,

-john

I had them try that, but they are telling me it doesnt work. Is that a default setting or something I need to set up?

Hello,

That should be a default setting. You can check the setting through the CUE web GUI. The default IP for that is 10.1.10.1

You will then navigate to -> Voicemail -> Mailboxes -> Open a mailbox in question -> Caller Input Tab

You should see a field for * and the associated function should be: subscriber sign-in

Thanks,

-john

thanks for the help. I do see that option, so it does appear to be configured correctly. Not sure why it is not working though. Thanks again.

Hello,

What version of CUE are you using? Can you post your dial-peer configuration for the voicemail pilot number?

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: