Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC network settings

rchakchouk
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i installed the cisco ip communicator on my pc and i tried to configure the network settings but it don't give me the possibilty to change the tftp server and the device name, i use the CCA for configuration. what can be the problem and is it necessary to use the CUCM to add the CIPC phone to the network?thanks

8 Replies 8

Hello Raghda,

Please try to start the CIPC as administrator.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

thank ou for response, i resolved this problem by installing the setup.exe of CIPC and not setup.msi but now i have another problem when i put 10.1.1.1 in the tftp server ip, the phone shows registering for a long time then shows defaulting tftp server.

Can you ping 10.1.1.1 from your PC? (how about 10.1.10.1? -- this is the default tftp source interface on a UC500)

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

no i can't ping 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.10.1 from pc.

You may need to add a route to the 10.1.0.0 network from your default gateway. You can temporarily add in a route to your PC to verify it works though. 

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

To add it temporarily on your PC:

1. Open a command prompt (choose run from the start menu, then "cmd")

2. route add 10.1.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0

3. route add 10.1.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0

This assumes that the UC500 has an IP on the subnet your PC is on.

For your gateway, most firewall's have a configuration section called "Static routes" or "Static routing" that should allow you to add the necessary routes.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

hello,

i added the two routes successfully but it shows registering all the time.

the others ip phones used the 10.1.1.1 tftp server , should the tftp server for the CIPC be the same or i must install a tftp server in my pc?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: