Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-7970 Phone Registered but seems to be asleep

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has seen this particular problem before i issue this to TAC:

CPE:                Cisco 7970 IP handset

Appliance:         Cisco UC500 16 User

IOS:                  22YB

CPE Loads:       8-5-3S (recently updated to try and combat the problem

Issue:

After coming in of a morning, 3-5 handsets out of the 8 connected become unresponsive, their screens are still functional, however when calling the ext it goes to VM immediatly, and when you pick up the phone it gets no dial-tone (No Auto Line selection).

Measures used to Resolve Issue:

• Updated the phones to the latest phone loads (As above)
  • Reset the phone every morning to bring it back to life

CLI Information:

The phone is showing up as registered, i can even ping it, it is almost like as if it hasn't woken up from its slumberous sleep but still has some response capabilities.

Short of now looking to update the IOS version, i cant seem to find anyone else who is having or had this problem, so i have no reference point to work of to try and resolve this issue, i would like to avoid getting TAC invloved unless i need to RMA the units that are having this issue.

Any advise or information regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So i am gathering that no one has expereinced this issue before or have any suggestions???

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Dave,

I do need to ask whether you saw the problem on a combination of IOS and phone firmware that we test - ie a combination corresponding to one of the UC500 software bundles.  Assuming you did, then I would log a TAC case as this one is not ringing any bells, and will probably take a bit of troubleshooting to get to the bottom of.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

This has just popped up out of nowhere, i am not sure if it is a IOS issue as that is the only thing i have not changed yet, it is using 22YB, i am in the process now of seeing if they still have SmartNet on their router before i log a TAC case.

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: