Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator and Jabra

stuckeysnewband
Level 1
Level 1

To all,

We have a new UC540 install with 12 IP Communicator Clients.  We are using Jabra .....  headsets.  We have encountered a challenge with Windows 7 PCs that this is solution is installed on.  The user would like to be able to use the PC Speaker/Microphone as a "Handsfree" optoin.  On the Windows 7 PCs, we cannot choose this as the Jabra becomes Windows "Default Communications Device".  The WIndows 7 PCs do not seem to be able to give us the ability to choose different Devices within IP Communicator, the only choice is "Default Communications Device".  This is not occurring on the Windows XP PCs.   Any ideas on resolving this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim Shoemaker | Senior Engineer | CCDA

Intellicom

1 Reply 1

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Jim,

Right click on the speaker icon in the tray, then go to playback devices. Here you can change the default audio device back to the computer speakers. Then you can use the audio tuning wizard to choose the default audio device as the speakers. My machine doesn't have a mic other than the plaintronics headset I have so I can't test the mic, but I assume its the same situation where you can change it in audio tuning wizard. Just remember, if you make the changes in audio tuning wizard when cipc is open to close cipc softphone and re-open it (make sure its not just minimized, find it in the notifications section of the toolbar, right click -> exit.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts