Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP PHONE SPA502G

franck9525
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am not able anymore to use the phone to receive or send a call. I have this strange symbol displays on the phone screen. Does anyone know its meaning ? For info, i am using the phone with internet via satellite and it worked fine until this new symbol appeared.

Thanks

Franck.

unkonwn_symbol.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Franck,

The icon (symbol) indicates that your phone is not registered with the service provider.

Try the following:

1. power off the phone and power it back on.

2. if not successful, power off the modem and phone, power on the modem, wait about 5 minutes, power on the phone

3. if not successful, power off your satellite equipment, power it on, wait about 5 minutes, and repeat #2

4. if not successful, log a trouble ticket with your service provider

Here are the possible icons that the SPA50x and SPA303 IP phones can display:

Regards,

Patrick

----------

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Franck,

The icon (symbol) indicates that your phone is not registered with the service provider.

Try the following:

1. power off the phone and power it back on.

2. if not successful, power off the modem and phone, power on the modem, wait about 5 minutes, power on the phone

3. if not successful, power off your satellite equipment, power it on, wait about 5 minutes, and repeat #2

4. if not successful, log a trouble ticket with your service provider

Here are the possible icons that the SPA50x and SPA303 IP phones can display:

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

I sent a ticket to the service provider how modified some parameters and the phone is back on line. Unfortunalty, the problem reappeared a couple of hours after. I have sent another ticket.

Regards,

Franck