cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 50x "Next Reg In"

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Our Cisco SPA phones seem to be sending Registration out every 23 seconds.  If I look on the phone settings menu --> Status --> Ext1 Status the counter for "Next Reg In" starts at 23 seconds.  I'm unable to find this value on the phone admin web console to increase this timer.  It actually sends a REGISTER to our SBC. How can I increase this timer so Registration is not flooding our Internet traffic.

1 Reply 1

adam.baird
Level 1
Level 1

Your 30 second registration interval is probably being enforced by your SBC.  If you look at the Contact header in the registration response from your SBC to your phone you will probably see 'expires=30'.

You can check the values of the 'Reg Min Expires'  and 'Reg Max Expires' on the SIP tab in the Administration console to make sure you're not restricting it there as well (I believe the defaults are minimum of 1 and maximum of 7200).  You'll need to make sure you're logged in as Admin and using the Advanced view to see those parameters.

If you'd like to paste a registration capture to this post I'll take a look.

-Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: