I've 2 SPA504G connected to an Asterisk box (Elastix).
What i'm intresting to is the way for Provision the config information.
I read all the User Guide that i found in the web (Cisco pubblication) and many forum, but i not can understand all in a right way.
This is what i make:
- My DHCP provide IP address and TFTP address (Option 150 for Microsoft DHCP)
- The SPA504G obtain an IP address and connect to the TFTP server
- If i debug the TFTP server i can see that at the first time and/or after a Factory reset, the SPA504G search first for a file called "SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml" (where XXXXXXXXXXXX is the Mac Address of the phone) and after for a file called "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml"
- For give a multilevel provisining, i think that is good if i create the "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml" and in this file i put the basic information, in the Profile_Rule i indicate the second level provision file with the specific information of every phones in the net.
- after i create a "/cisco/spaxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml" file with other config information.
Now, this is the point:
- If i attach a new SPA504G to the network, or if i make a Factory Reset of a phone, i can see (in debug TFTP) that the phone search in the server for "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml", the file exist, but nothing appenes. The Phone boot but remain with default value (like no matter about the "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml" file) and the phone not search for "/cisco/spaxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml" file
Configure Multicast Paging on the Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series or 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone
The Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones provide voice communication over an Internet Protocol (IP) network...
Add Call Park on a Cisco 7800 or 8800 Series Multiplatform Phone Key Expansion Module
Call park allows the user of the phone to put an incoming call on hold so that the call can be retrieved on another phone. A call is park...