cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA509G to Cisco SPA509G

JohnHarris00
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure the phones (Cisco SPA509G) so that they talk to each other, like an intercom system?

Or configure them to talk to each other, IP to IP?

Basically internally we would have 16 Cisco phones, they would connect to a Cisco switch, a Linksys Router (WRT-54GL with DD-WRT) and then to a Satellite Modem.

This would be in Alaska, so the four to five second delay when it has to make the strip to the VoIP server back east can't really be done.

Would we need to have a Gateway device, like an Session Border Controller in play?

Thank you in advance.

John.

4 Replies 4

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

You are looking for IP to IP dialing between phones.

Have a look here: 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10024/products_qanda_item09186a0080a35a2c.shtml

It's a little dated but the concepts and steps are the same (the screen displays are updated on SPA50X phones).

The example is a Linksys PAP2

Randy

Thank you Randall, I'll give this a shot and let you know if it worked.

Anything I should be aware of trapfall wise?

Well I gave it a shot using both SPA509G's, and SPA-2102's.  Neither worked out.

Any advice where to go from here, Randall?

Thank you in advance.

John.

Hi John,

Sorry you couldn't get it to go...  can you email me the config for 2 phones and I'll have a look.

rbordner@cisco.com

Any more input where it fails?  Could you place a call?

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: