cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA525g

scuzzie2010
Level 1
Level 1

I have just done a factory reset on this handset now it wont boot the red light is on at the top and the head set light flashes every couple of seconds?? someone please help!!

14 Replies 14

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

What is this SPA525 connected to?  UC5xx?

Unfortunately, this phone may be bricked.

Nothing at the moment as its not boot, but I was playing just a min ago kept pulling power and inserting whilst pressing random buttons and it booted, used it for a bit, went to move it back to the desk powered it on and its doing it again?? strange

Strange indeed.  You could have a phone that has gone bad......

I dont under stand how it started working fine then stopped again, its like it cant boot

How are you powering the phone?  AC adapter or PoE?

Tried both AC and POE

Very odd.  I've never experienced anything like that on any of the SPA 5xx phones.  So when it doesn't work, it just cycles to a blank screen?  If you push the button under the VM button does it go anywhere?

When it booted it came up all working brilliantly, but now all it does is the red light is on at the top and the headset/speaker light keeps pulsing every couple of seconds

That sounds like it's trying to get a firmware update.  Did you interrupt it the first time it did it?  If so, you might have bricked that phone.  I'd open a TAC case....

Out of warrenty no all I did was a factory reset and it started doing this, put the latest firmware on it when it was working and it was cool for a bit. Now its come up different all the line leds are read and so is the mic mute red and sat like that, lol this phone has demons in it i swear!

Ha!  What kind of phone system is this connected to?

There is a recovery tool that you can use on these phones.  If you downloaded the firmware zip package, you will find the recovery firmware.  Try running that to see if you can recover it.

OK well now after taking the power out and putting it back in its working!!! so strange almost as if there is a something internal not working properly??

That's my best guess.  Don't move it!

Give up had to reboot and the same again lol think it must be a capicitor or something inside

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: