Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA525G2 IP Feature Set

mfcornett
Level 1
Level 1

Quick Question: Am I missing something?

Looking over Call control and audio features on UC540 and SPA525G2 5-Line IP Phone-

• Music on hold1
• Shared/bridge line appearance1
• Call pickup - selective and group1
• Call park and unpark1
• Intercom1
• Group paging1
• Extension mobility1

Documentation states:

"1Feature requires support by SIP/SPCP client management server."

Does this mean an application server is needed for these features? In the past I've programed all this at CLI in CME. I can't see needing a server to program this on the UC540. Is that right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

SPA phones (SPCP version) can only be used with the UC500.  The concepts are the same when it comes to configuration and call control.  If you use SPA phones with another vendor for call control, you will need a SIP proxy along with other servers in the back end for registration and name resolution.  It could physically be one server but the architecture is different

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

SPA phones (SPCP version) can only be used with the UC500.  The concepts are the same when it comes to configuration and call control.  If you use SPA phones with another vendor for call control, you will need a SIP proxy along with other servers in the back end for registration and name resolution.  It could physically be one server but the architecture is different

Thanks for the clarification Marcus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: