Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7937G and UC560

I have a UC560 going into two ESW switched, a quality T1/PRI line and four 7937g conference phones along with 25+ SPA504G desktop phones.  All software and firmware are the latest versions.

I  used CCA to configure the system and it is a basic setup  (192.168.100.xxx, 10.1.1.xxx and 10.1.10.xxx) and do not plan on ever using CLI.

I am trying to configure the 7937g's to operate as follows:

1. They have their own extension (e.g. 9220)
  2. They have their own external phone number (e.g. 555-9220)
  3. They have their own voicemail (not required, but nice-to-have)
  4. Multiple internal or external phones can simply call to join the conference call (e.g. dial 9220 internally or 555-9220 externally)

I have already setup up a few MeetMe conference lines and they work fine, but these MeetMe extensions can't be assigned to a phone with an actual user.

Is it possible to configure a 7937G like this?

Shawn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shawn,

If you make the 7937 an admin of the meet-me room it can initiate the room itself, that's pretty much how I do it.

The rest is a yes on all of them, the 7937 is the same as all the other phones, its just the physical hardware that is different, you could treat it like a normal phone although it isnt

All this can be done using CCA and with ease

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
5 REPLIES

Hi Shawn,

If you make the 7937 an admin of the meet-me room it can initiate the room itself, that's pretty much how I do it.

The rest is a yes on all of them, the 7937 is the same as all the other phones, its just the physical hardware that is different, you could treat it like a normal phone although it isnt

All this can be done using CCA and with ease

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David,

So if the 7937g is extension 9220 and I have a MeetMe conference line at 9209. If I make 9220 the admin of the MeetMe conference line then external users can call 555-9220 to join the MeetMe conference? or will they have to call 9209 or 555-9209?

Thanks,

Shawn

BINGO!! you hit the nail on the head

But...... Yes there is always a BUT, 9209 must first open the conference room up before the outside world can enter

Cheers,

David.

David,

Where do I set up the conference room admin in CCA? I was poking around and couldn't find anything in the conference section or the user section. Am I supposed to set up a cBarge so 9220 can barge in on 9209? If so, doesn't a cBarge require an octal line and if so, my 7937g doesn't seem to support an octal line.

Thank you in advance,

Shawn

Re: Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7937G and UC560

Hi Shawn,

Mate you got me on this one I don't have access to CCA to get the

steps for you and for the life of me can't remember them of the top of my

head.... SORRY!!!

In regards to the Octo-Line issue I have to admit that something is a miss

here... By default CCA will set them up as Octo-Line phones, I would be

awfully surprised if it didn't.

Just in case, you should go to users & extensions, click on one of the 7937

phones and then in the bottom left hand side pane click on button one, then

look to your right in the button configuration pane and make sure the

Octo-Line radial box is checked, if not then check it and save

I'm hoping someone will chime in about the conferencing admin question, I'm

a little flushed on that one right now.

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content