cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity w/UC560

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

Can you use a full Cisco Unity solution with the UC560?

In Administration -> Control Panel I see an option for "Switch to CUCM"

Thanks in advance for any insight!

2 Replies 2

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

The other option is using our Exchange 2010 server as the UM solution.

http://www.aaronhall.net/cisco-cme-exchange-unified-messaging.html

The real problem is users do not like having to delete messages in two locations.  Message expirery isn't a solution, nor is the IMAP integration.

They used to have a full Unity solution but it was aging fast (version 4.x) and in a last ditch effort to keep them from going Shoretel I had to find an affordable solution that met all their current needs.. and this solution did.. but now they've realized that having to delete messages in two locations is not adequate.  Any input would be great.                   

Well I implemented Exchange 2010 UM last night and I honestly have never been so impressed by a Microsoft product in my life.  The integration literally took 15 minutes following the above posted intstructions from AaronHall.Net and the features and voice recognition, voicemails to text, etc..  just flaweless.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone who has a UC560 in an Environment w/Exchange 2010 to make the switch.  It is night and day.. Best of all, we were selling UC560's at a rate of about 1 per month and each time users were more disapointed with the system then impressed.. ESPECIALLY with the Unified Communications component.  Now we don't have to sell UC's anymore, we can do ISR's and use Exchange as the Unity solution. 

You can also use exchange and built in Unity a the same time if you want to just 'test the waters'  which was what my goal was originally today but after it worked right out of the box I said screw it and migrated both sites.   Now we're migrating another 10 sites by end of month.