cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conf call drop with SPA504G, SPA9000 and SPA400

Wilco Fong
Level 1
Level 1

I have SPA9000 system with SPA504G and SPA400. There are 4 PSTN line come in to SPA400 for the same phone number. I have problem making conference call. If I make conference call, one of the phone drop and only 2 phone can connect.

Here is how tried. Make call from first phone to 2nd phone and then press "Conf". then dial another thrid phone extension and press "Conf", then menu change to "Join". I press "Join" and frist phone drop the line while 2nd phone and 3rd phone got connection.

Does my sequence wrong? I cannot make 3 phone conf call. Thanks in advance for your help.

15 Replies 15

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Do not press the Join softkey, then the three phones will talk to each other.  Join will dump out the phone that is doing the Join.

Thanks for your reply nseto. Sorry for my late reply. If I do not press Join softkey, 2nd phone will not hear anything and it just getting 2 tone beeping with repeating in interval.

2 tone beeping sounds like hold/call waiting.

How was the system configured?  If you used the wizard, it should be working properly.

If you didn't use the wizard, I would have the system redone by the wizard.

I did by wizard over 1 years ago and at that time when I tried, it works fine. I have not change anything since then and did not use conf call. Recently I want to make conf call and found out this problem. What configuration should I post here for you to review it?

Thanks

Check the Phone tab on the phones, make sure that 'Conference Serv' is set to yes, located in Supplementary Services.

Also, your conference calls are being tested just within the internal phones and not with any external caller, correct?

'Conference Serv' is set to 'yes', I tried both internal phones and external caller both are not working for conference.

If you'd like, you can enclosed your spa9000 and one of your spa phone config so I can compare it with mine.

Just log in as admin/advanced and save the file as html.

I have attached as IE mht file for both SPA9000 and one of SPA504G. Thanks in advance for your help.

Try setting 'rfc 2543 call hold' to no.  This is on the phones and spa9000 in the sip tab.

If it still fails, you may want to factory reset two of the phones and have those two reconnect to the spa9000 again.  Then try the conference call again with those two phones and an analog phone that is connected to the spa9000 fxs port.

I cannot find 'rfc 2543 call hold' in SPA504G phones but only on SPA9000 (SIP tab). Thanks in advance for your help.

In the sip tab under sip parameters.

I changed both on phone and SPA9000. It is still the same. I will try to reinialiaze the two phones at coming weekend while no one is in office.

Thanks

I tried to reset 2 phones to factory default and it is the same. I cannot make conference call. I am getting 2 tone and cannot hear from PSTN call and getting 2 tone beep. All 'rfc 2543 call hold' are in 'no' for both phones and SPA9000. What would be the best way without redoing SPA9000 fron scratch? 14 phoes are connected to SPA9000.

You can try contacting the support center at 1 866 606 1866,

but I think you'll end up restarting the spa9000 and phones because the config that you gave doesn't show anything wrong that would stop the 3 way conf call from working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: