cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference call and meet me questions/issue...

jwaskewics
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Two questions in a single post.

1.     We have an issue where the receptionist calls external party #1 (outside UC540) and conferences an inbound caller #2 (outside UC) together.  Then, when the receptionist hangs up, only the inbound caller #2 can be heard by caller #1, caller #2 cannot hear caller #1.

We have configured multi-party conferencing as well and turned on meet-me.

2.     How do we get an external caller into meet-me WITHOUT getting transferred by te receptionist.

Thanks..

John

3 Replies 3

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John,

For your first issue do you have the same problem if caller #2 was an internal phone registered to the UC500? How are the calls going to the PSTN - FXO/SIP/PRI?

For the second issue you can do this several ways;

a. Assign a DID to map to meet-me conference number. Under "Configure > Telephony > Dial Plan > Incoming," add a Direct Dialing rule to map the PSTN DID to the meet-me conference number. The disadvantage of doing this is that you've dedicated a DID to the meet-me number and it can't be used for any other purpose.

b. If you have an extension that has DID mapped to it, you can "call forward all" the extension to the meet-me conference number. This gives you the ability to control when you want outside parties join the call by enabling/disabling CFA. However, internal users who dial the users extension would also be joining the meet-me conference.

c. If you already have a PSTN routing to AA, configure an additional option for the AA Menu to route to the meet-me conference number. Go to "Configure > Telephony > Auto-Attendant." Select an available key and select the "Call Other Number" mode and specify the meet-me number for the parameter. You can choose not to change your auto-attendant prompt so this key would act as a hidden join conference option.

One thing to note is that in all three cases it assumes that the meet-me conference has already been created by an internal IP phone user. If not, callers from the PSTN would hear busy tone.

Thanks,

Anthony

Anthony,

If caller #2 is inside the UC the conf call is fine.  We are using FXOs.

Ok, thanks re the meet-me.  Are there any plans to allow the meet me to work WITHOUT first being initiated by an internal IP phone user?

John

Hi John,

For the one way audio issue, can I get you to open a TAC case? There are some real-time "show" commands that you can collect real-time that would help diagnose this issue that a TAC engineer would be able to assist. To get you started you can collect the following debugs from the beginning of the conference until the end when you get one-way audio-

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

debug sccp events

When the call is up and there is one-way audio collect the following "show" command output-

show voip rtp connections

show sccp connections

show call activce voice brief

"Are there any plans  to allow the meet me to work WITHOUT first being initiated by an  internal IP phone user?"

Unfortunately, not at the moment.

Thanks,

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: