Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Configuring a UC520

I am trying to acces and change the config of a UC520. Site taken over from another company.

However when I look at the web interface of the UC520, it is a very reduced and just has a basic command line and not much else - see attached screen shot. When last configuring one of these systems a few years back, I was sure I had access to a more comprehensive web interface.

Likewise when using CCA to connect to the UC520, I can connect to the device but it just hangs when I try and access  any functionality. E.g. telephone, sysem etc. which seems odd.

However from the basic web interface I can see a copy of the internal config.

My questions are:

1. Is the reduced web interface typical? Is there a way to enable the full web interface if it has been set to a reduced mode? Also odd that the CCA also hangs when accessing the device.

2. What is the best way to view and config a UC520? Web browser? CCA?

Device info:

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support:

Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 09-Apr-08 03:07 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(11r)XW3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

SUR-CPT-UC500 uptime is 4 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours, 0 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW7"

Cisco UC520W-16U-2BRI-K9 (MPC8358) processor (revision 0x300) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FCZ1330C07K

MPC8358 CPU Rev: Part Number 0x804A, Revision ID 0x20

22 User Licenses

10 FastEthernet interfaces

2 ISDN Basic Rate interfaces

2 terminal lines

4 Voice FXS interfaces

1 Voice MoH interface

1 802.11 Radio

1 cisco service engine(s)

128K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

125440K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2922

Patrick Gibson

Community Member

Re: Configuring a UC520

See attached file - This is the error I get when I logon with CCA to the UC520.

Community Member

I'm by no means an expert on this but try putting /ccme.html after your ip address

Community Member

That looks like a java error.

You may get issues if making changes via the CLI that the CCA does not like.

Also check that you have the most recent CCA and Java.

Hope this helps.

Community Member

Thanks for responses.

1. In response to Jerome - The http://ip/ccme.html does work - I was able to access the CME web interface earlier. However it does not seem to allow full accesss to the full config. E.g. allows one to change phone settings, hunt groups etc, but not things like auto attendant and uploading voice messages, network etc. I think I need the CCA to work to configure this functionality based on UC520 documentation.

2. In response to Craig - I have the latest java and CCA loaded - these were the first things I checked. I am starting to agree that the problem is that the initial config was done using the web interface and then later using CLI. And now because of the changes made using the CLI, the web interface does not load properly. This based on the error message I get when loading the CCA.

So still trying to decide how to proceed. Is there any way to get the CCA back once it has been changed using the CLI.

Community Member

It would be nearly impossible to know what has happened to break the CCA if you have done all the config outside of the CCA.

If you wanted the CCA to work, you would be best off resetting the 520 back to the factory defaults using the default CCA UC520 config and setting the system back up using the CCA.

The initial CCA set-up wizard makes things very easy now and it shouldn’t take too long.

CreatePlease to create content