Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cp-524g won't connect

It initializes, then gives "SPCP Register Token Rejected"  and won't connect.  I have 9 other identical phones working, and this is the only one with a problem.  I've tried a factory reset, and still no change.    Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After several weeks with tons of e-mails and slow speed of escalation, Cisco finally replicated our issue at lab and recognize the issue that 500-series phone has. Here is our bug ID for your reference.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd26844

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

perhaps the phone is defective out of the box? 

has anybody had that happen?

We have the same problem.

48 licenses upgrade to 64 licenses. Only be able to plug 55 phones. When we plug in 56th phone, it has the same error message no matter CP524G or CP524SG model "SPCP Register Token Rejected."

Have already tried "no mac," upgraded phone firmware from 8.1.13 to 8.1.16(b), auto reg or manual reg, no luck.

Any idea?

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Christopher,

What is the SKU for your license? Maybe you only have an 8 user license?

Bill

License is UC520-24U-8FXO-K9:FTX133383C1

24 user license, with 3 ip communicators phones, and 9 of the 524SG phones connected.  The tenth 524 phone will not register. I took the phone that was failing to register and it auto registered on another UC520 unit.  I took a different 524SG phone from the other sytem, and it also fails to register as the tenth phone.

I also added a new 7960 to the system, after the 524 failed to register, so it is adding phones, just not any more of the 524's.

Its obviously a software bug like the other post here,  as the initial phone that failed to register works fine on another unit.

I do need a solution soon, as 2 additional 524 phones have also been ordered.  I suspect they will also fail to register.  The customer will not be happy with 3 non working phones.  If this can't be fixed, will Cisco offer me free 7960 upgrades / replacements as those phones do not need the SPCP protocol?

If you are having problems with this, I would recommend opening a TAC case for this issue.

After several weeks with tons of e-mails and slow speed of escalation, Cisco finally replicated our issue at lab and recognize the issue that 500-series phone has. Here is our bug ID for your reference.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd26844

Fixed, see CSCtd26844

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Does the phone appear in the configuration?  Are you doing auto reg?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: