cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom labels for watch/monitor buttons?

JohnnyZengers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using CCA to configure a UC540 with SPA509 phones.

In the CCA it is not possible to define a label for a watch- or monitor-button, like a normal speeddial button.

Is this possible through the CLI?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Johnny,

GAH!!! The e-mail come in and I couldn't sleep, I just had to answer you

OK I know what you want to do and it can be easily achieved by using CCA.

First step is to go to Users>>Extensions and modify each user that you want to be labeled on each button.

When you go to modify the user, scroll down a little ways on the screen and in the left hand side pane, click on button one (1) which is the users extension button, this will populate the right hand side pane with all the details of the user.

In this section you will need to update the fields, and my recommendation is as follows:

Extension #: 203

Description: John-203

Label: John-203

This is the default standard I use on all installs, long names wont work you will have to abbreviate them if this is being done on a SPA-500 series phone, they don't have enough screen real-estate for long names.

By doing the above, the description field will udpate the details in the top right hand side of the phone, just above the users line key, the label will appear right next to the button... You are then set

Now when you go through and modify every users "Watch" commands, the phones will do a quick reset... Well more of a quick screen refresh, but don't be surprised if they do a reboot though so be mindful of that. The names will appear on each phone when the Watch command is used instead of the extension number.

You are good to go, it wont take you long to do this

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Johnny,

Using CCA, there is currently no way to change the labels for the watch/monitor buttons.

I am not aware any way to do this with CLI either.

Thank you,

Darren

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.

blf-speed-dial, supported since CME 7.1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Johnny,

If I understand your question right, you want to alter the Label of a watched extension to something other then the Label that is assigned to that extension?? (I hope I didn't confuse you with that )

If my understanding is right, there is no way to do this on the CLI either, as the config uses the "w" or "m" command with no option to modify the labels as those commands reflect the information that is assigned to the individual extension...

Probably not the answer you wanted, but I hope it clears things up for you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Using CCA, if I want to set a button as a watch or monitor button, there is no field where I can type a label for the button. The button on the phone is then labeled with the extension like 203... I want to give it a name to make it more convenient, like a speeddial button.

I have been searching for information about the blf-speed-dial that Paolo mentioned, and if this is possible then I think that this will be the way to go. I will try it today and I will let you know if it worked (or not)

Thank you both!

Hi Johnny,

GAH!!! The e-mail come in and I couldn't sleep, I just had to answer you

OK I know what you want to do and it can be easily achieved by using CCA.

First step is to go to Users>>Extensions and modify each user that you want to be labeled on each button.

When you go to modify the user, scroll down a little ways on the screen and in the left hand side pane, click on button one (1) which is the users extension button, this will populate the right hand side pane with all the details of the user.

In this section you will need to update the fields, and my recommendation is as follows:

Extension #: 203

Description: John-203

Label: John-203

This is the default standard I use on all installs, long names wont work you will have to abbreviate them if this is being done on a SPA-500 series phone, they don't have enough screen real-estate for long names.

By doing the above, the description field will udpate the details in the top right hand side of the phone, just above the users line key, the label will appear right next to the button... You are then set

Now when you go through and modify every users "Watch" commands, the phones will do a quick reset... Well more of a quick screen refresh, but don't be surprised if they do a reboot though so be mindful of that. The names will appear on each phone when the Watch command is used instead of the extension number.

You are good to go, it wont take you long to do this

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

I don't think I could get a better answer than that!

This is exactly what I was trying to find out, so thank you very much for your help and advice!

Who knew It was that simple... :-)

Best regards,

Johnny

Go Gettem Johnny boy

Good luck mate

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: