Replies

Custom Phone Ring Tone for SPA504G

elarsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to load a custom ringtone on a SPA504 G

I have tried using the program in this thread but it is not working:

https://cisco-support.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/2081981?tstart=0&viewcondensed

I have also tried to upload a ringtone using this url to the phone:

http://ip-address-of-phone/ringtone1?tftp://IP-of-my-comp/custom.wav

I see in my tftp log that the phone is able to connect but will not download the file stating this error:

Connection received from 10.1.1.15 on port 1082 [12/06 15:09:14.406]

Read request for file <custom.wav>. Mode octet [12/06 15:09:14.406]

OACK: <timeout=10,tsize=1323044,> [12/06 15:09:14.421]

Using local port 2189 [12/06 15:09:14.421]

File <custom.wav> : error 10054 in system call recv An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. [12/06 15:09:14.500]

Any Idea's why i cant get my ringtone to load?

The phones firmware is currently at 7.4.4

Thanks

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eric,

Working of a few assumptions here, but you need to do the following:

1. Make sure the Ringtone is in .au file format using the uLaw encoding
  2. You will need a decent TFTP client on your computer, 3Cdaemon is the most robust one I have found
  3. You will need to enter the right commands on the cli to get it to work, these include the following
    * Update the TFTP server commands so the system knows there is a file there
    * Make sure that when you upload the Ringtone to the system it is placed in the right directory folder "ringtones" folder it should be called and you will see all the files within that directory
    * Update the "RingList" xml file to reflect the new file, have a look at the existing entries and just copy them, make sure you use a program like PSPad to edit the file so the structure does not get corrupted by notepad
  4. The list of commands would look like the following:

* ROUTER#copy tftp flash

* ROUTER#Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.1.0 << Enter your IP address here

* ROUTER#Source filename []? ctu.au << Enter the file name with extension and case sensative

* ROUTER#Destination filename [ctu.au]? << If you are not in the directory when doin this, then enter it in

* ROUTER#Accessing tftp://192.168.1.0/ctu.au...

The TFTP-SERVER line of code would look like the following:

"tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Jamaica.raw alias Jamaica.raw" in this instance all files are .raw so you would ideally like to make yours the same

When the phone goes to bring up the ring tone selection, it will look for the xml file and it would produce the results based on what is in that file, but you will get an error as well if the actual file itself is no on the flash card or in the right directory.

NOTE: after all the changes are made, you will at times need to reboot the phone so keep that in mind as well.

This is not a full guide on how to do it, but a brief overview, if the system was built with CCA then the above is no longer required as CCA can do all this for you now (If I am not mistaken).

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *