Views
Helpful
Replies

Customisable Dial-Plans or dialing without '9' prefix

tim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have installed about three of these systems now, and each time the buisness owner has asked (and I think understandably so) why do I have to dial '9' (or '0'  for my systems in Australia) for an outside line? Isn't the UC320 'smart' enough to know I'm calling an outside number?

Perhaps the UC320 isn't smart enough, however I'd like to think it is...

What are the chances that we have some dial-plan manupulation or 'least-cost' call routing functionality on these systems to chose a SIP or PSTN trunk based on best match rules? Even if its only the ability to call an outside line without using a prefix '9' or '0' that would be nice...

Have I overlooked anything? anyone else out there thinking the same as me?

7 Replies 7

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Timothy;

Thanks for your post.

We are planning (not committed yet but in process to) for releasing dial plan manipulation rules on the next major release 2.2.2 in order to achieve what you would like to. There is no date assigned yet, but this is the second drop of next release.

As a workaround, what you can do (for FXO PSTN calls) is to set a shared FXO on the phones (need line keys for that), so that user press the key before dialing, then do not need to add the steering digit. For SIP trunk there is no other option currently than adding the steering digit.

Regards
Alberto

Hi,

This is a really important feature, which is causing me grief, users cannot return missed calls easily, without using 'editdial' and most users do not understand why they should have to do this.

It also affects users of the SPA525G2 Phone connected to UC320 who have imported their Personal Address book from their iPhones, they cannot dial any contacts without using the 'editdial' function.

I have some business owners very annoyed about this 'feature'

Is there some way I can have this change before the next firmware release via PMF or some other means?

Agreed... I have the exact same issues. In my opinion the system doesn't work if you can't simply redial a missed call! The iPhone issue is also very annoying!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Agreed on the editdial. The redial button is useless for received calls because of this. Its pretty hard to justify this to the end user... there really isn't any good explanation for this.

ibraheem_neo12
Level 1
Level 1

You MUST have this option added to the firmware ASAP! It is VERY unprofessional especially for a Cisco branded product to insist on a steering digit. You receive a call, and simply want to call it back. You should not have to edit the number every single time you make a call.

The problem isn't really the steering digit itself. Its the fact that the phone firmware doesn't auto-prefix the steering digit for calls being made from missed/received.

Honestly 2.2.2 to get a working REDIAL button? I hate to sound brash, but shouldn't basic features like this have been handled in the beta firmware? The steering digit is also rather bothersome in the perspective of SMALL BUSINESS phone systems and I would love to see that fixed (without cumbersome LCR config tables). Most small business users simply have no desire to "dial 9" to get an outside line, and no amount of reasoning is going to change their minds.

Please do something to fix the REDIAL problem ASAP. While you are at it, fix the MISSED CALLS problem and the host of other pproblems that keep me from putting this system into client production environments. I can't wait on firmware forever and don't fancy twisting myself into knots explaining "feautures" that most would call bugs or missing functionality.

Cisco, something to consider that I think is well worth mentioning:

One can sell a MEDIUM or LARGE business a buggy, cumbersome and feature incomplete product that costs a small fortune. They can then collect a small fortune over many years delivering bug fixes and feature updates. SMALL business customers don't put up with the run-around and will simply move on to another product and another vendor. While this product shows promise, it appears to be far too buggy to put into a production environment. Looking back over the last few months, most of the glaring problems do not appear to be addressed. I have passed on two UC320 sales this month in favor of the Partner IP edition (and as many in each previous month since setting up my demo unit in the lab). I have passed up the UC320, not based on price, but rather based on the ability of the product to meet the customer expectations and keep my reputation in tact. I really want to love this product but how can I love it when every time I touch it I find another problem or odd functionality?

Somebody mentioned an iPhone problem? I remmber reading something but a search of this cumbersome forum yields nothing useful. Can somebody fill in the gaps?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: