cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Telnet credentials for a UC320W ?

edwardthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

what are the default telnet usernames and password to get into my uc320W ? I tried the usual "cisco" "cisco"

Am I missing something obvious ?

Cheers

Carl

9 Replies 9

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam

UC320w is managed by configuration utility which is web based. There is no need to telnet device.

Best regards

Rogelio V.

I was just curious ,

there is clearly telnet enabled as it prompts me for login details.

I wanted to see if I could set the NTP server manuually in command line. I know that it defaults to a Cisco NTP server......just interested.

Carl

It's a Linux box underneath, you're not going to get the telnet password that lets you at the OS from Cisco. You might learn too much!

S

yeah I think after an hour or so I've come to that conclusio

n, just disappointed to be stuck without as many options as I usually like - cheers

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Having followed some of the previous posts by the Cisco team, I think to keep things in perspective the Telnet access appears to be a last resort access for the support engineers in the event that access to the GUI becomes no long accessible.

In reality the GUI is perfectly fine to work with and in regards to the NTP details, they have already advised that it is in the roadmap to provide an update to make some simple changes to that (Based on previous posts).

But I am curious do you not find the GUI suffiecient enough? (Just a  questions )

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

HI David,

actually I find the gui to be a neat interface. Setting up the device is very easy and as a plug and play solution for some remote sites I manage its a great solution. It was the issue of not being able to set my own NTP server that got me looking in the first place and curioity just took over

Truth be told when I was handed the box I assumed it was a device with an IOS on it but eventually the penny dropped. Once I realised it was a linux box I still wanted to poke around lol.

Thanks for the replies though folks.

Hi Edward,

Not sure why you want to set your own NTP server. But if there is a need, we have a provision to do that.

Regards,

Bassanio

Hi Bassanio,

thanks for the reply - there isn't a burning need for us to do it, the box picked up time no problem, we just proceduraly use our own time servers, we are happy to let the uc320 do it its on way, its not any kind of show-stopper for us.

Have a good one

Carl

I need to upload pre-recorded auto attendent files but there is not way unless i get ahold of telnet to upload them.  Is there a way to do this otherwise?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: