cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by extension

bigdaddyajay
Level 1
Level 1

From the auto attendant, I can dial by extension and that works fine.  But does it only work for a user's "main" primary extension?

I have users set up with multiple normal extensions, but the dial by extension only seems to work for the main ones.  If I try to dial to their other extensions, the attendant says you have entered an invalid phone number. 

UC520 on CCA 2.2.2, Software pack version 8.0.1, FXO lines, PBX system

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey Big Daddy,

Do you also have a challenge with voicemail?  In other words, CF Busy or no answer...where do you have it rolling to next?

I am thinking the voicemail box wouldnt get created for these Normal Buttons (lines) and so CUE (AA and Voicemail) wouldnt know what to do with them, but trying to be sure, before I answer, since I am not totally clear on how you built them....

Steve

Mailboxes are created automatically for each normal extension, aren't they?  CFNA and Busy both go to the voicemail.  Each user has a voicemail box for each extension.  They aren't all set up at the moment, as it's pretty inefficient. 

If the dial by extension worked, I'd like to be able to send CFNA to 6xxx instead of 399

Actually,  CCA only creates a voicemail box for the 1st occurance of a Normal Line button.  Usually its the first butotn (by default, thats where we place the phone users extension).  Once its set, no more voice mail boxes get created for the same phone instrument.  I confirmed this is the CCA design with that team last night. 

Steve

OK, in CCA under voicemail, it lists all the user extensions in the drop down.  So all those point to the main extension?

Is there still a way to dial by extension from AA to the other extensions?

Hey Big D,

Yes,  you will see the main extensions in that window plus the General Delivery Mailboxes (GDM) set up for things like hunt groups and Shared lines.

if you click the CCA HELP button in that window, you will see this:

"One personal mailbox can be created per user and it can be associated  with any one of the Normal extensions configured for the user."

So I dont think normal buttons are the solution for you.

Steve