Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing external number via Outlook/IE/Call Connector strangeness

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I just found a strange issue when I dial a non-business/work number via Call Connector/Outlook/IE. If I choose Contacts in Outlook and choose Call Cell or anything other than the first business number my phone tries to dial but gets quick busy like it didn't enter 8, for an outside line.

Dialing the first (Business) number works fine, but if I choose any other number like Cell or Home it happens.

I'm not sure when to look, but I assume this is an Outlook dialer issue.

If I enter the full number starting with 8 in the "dial" field of Call connector I get the same issue.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

2 Replies 2

stalukder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob:

A possible cause may be the dial plan settings for the CallConnector -- from the Popup Options->Dial Plan section, please verify the settings for location, area code, dial out access code as well as the extension mask settings. Click on the Windows Dialing Rules button to make any required changes.

If the problem, persists, then set the trace loging level to 5, try to make some of the calls and send in the problem  report from the Cisco menu in the toolbar. Please enter the problem description.

Thanks

UCC Team

Solved!

Thanks to the trace I saw it was dialing the 8, but no area code. Locally we now have to dial the area code due to having another exchange.

I changed the windows dialing rule that if using area code xxx, include the area code in the dial statement.

Thanks for your help

Bob James