cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digit Minipulation

Jeremy Lizzotte
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 locations and one UC500. Both locations have single area codes (Maine, 207 and NH 603) and I have it so it auto inserts 1207 in front of the 7 digits dialed. thats fine and working. My question is can i force an ephone-dn or ephone to a particular dial peer? Or a particular voice translation rule? thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

There are 2 ways that I can think to do this.

1. Configure COR on the dial peers, and assign COR permission and preferences to the dial-peers. For example, you would have multiple dial-peers for the same destination pattern. By assigning the most restrictive COR configuration to the first dial peer with preference one and the Maine translation rule to that dial peer you can have the Maine users hit that dial peer. The NH user's wouldn't have the COR permissions to that dial peer so they would hit dial peer preference 2 which they do have permissions to and that dial peer would have the NH translation rules.

Configuring Class of Restrictions (COR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

2. Create a new dial peer with a new steering digit, ie 8. Then apply the NH translation rule to that dial peer.

The advantage of scenario one is that the users don't have to change the outbound steering digit they use. The advantage to scenario 2 is that it is much simplier to configure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

There are 2 ways that I can think to do this.

1. Configure COR on the dial peers, and assign COR permission and preferences to the dial-peers. For example, you would have multiple dial-peers for the same destination pattern. By assigning the most restrictive COR configuration to the first dial peer with preference one and the Maine translation rule to that dial peer you can have the Maine users hit that dial peer. The NH user's wouldn't have the COR permissions to that dial peer so they would hit dial peer preference 2 which they do have permissions to and that dial peer would have the NH translation rules.

Configuring Class of Restrictions (COR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

2. Create a new dial peer with a new steering digit, ie 8. Then apply the NH translation rule to that dial peer.

The advantage of scenario one is that the users don't have to change the outbound steering digit they use. The advantage to scenario 2 is that it is much simplier to configure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks, I will try the first!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: