cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnects to bluetooth calls

shuotari2
Level 1
Level 1

When I am in the middle of a call on bluetooth, and a call comes in from an internal extension (intercom), the call comes over my handset from internal and disconnects my bluetooth call.

Is this by design?  Preventable?

Scott

6 Replies 6

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Scott,

Couple of questions

- Are you saying an incoming call or intercom causes the interupption? When I tired a call does not cause interuption only intercom does that.

- Are you saying an incoming calls puts your bluetooth call on hold or does it disconnect the call? I noticed that it did put the bluetooth call on hold.

Navin

Intercom call or extension call puts my bluetooth phone call on hold.  I am not losing the call.  It just gets very confusing if I get an Intercom call when talking on my bluetooth cell phone call.

I would like the intercom call to just be busy to the other caller, or put them into my voicemail.  Don't interrupt my phone call.  Rude!

Scott

We to have seen this issue, but not related to Bluetooth - just that you are on a call when a "PageAll" type of intercom call is made.

The call a user has in progress is placed on hold.

This certainly does not seem correct as it is quite disturbing to the person on a call.

A user in the middle of a call should not be interupted - or at least not have the call placed on hold.

We have an upcoming installation were we think this will be an issue.

Since they do not have an overhead page system(ext 396) - paging to all phones is the only option (ext 200).

So not sure if we are missing an option or something or if this is just something that had not been discovered.

Bob

@ Scott,

I agree with you that any interruption in Rude. We will certainly investigate this and file the appropriate bugs.

@ Robert,

"Page Interupption" is designed behaviour. Emergency pages are disrupptive. However we do understand if it not an emergency this can be very annoying. We have got a lot customer complaints on this. We will come out with a PMF file that will alter this behviour shortly. Our next version will probably have  switch to control the behaviour.

Please check this location in a few weeks

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

Navin

Thanks for your prompt response.

So you consider it an Emergency prompt - which also makes sense.
So one man's emergency is another man's announcement....

An option to disable would be nice - or perhaps two types of page all - emergency and annouce.

Bob

Scott,

Our team has confirmed that the bluetooth issue is now fixed in the latest MR2 which is coming out by the end of this week. Please login into the UC320 and you should be prompted to upgrade by the end of this week.

Navin  Albert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: