Does this work without an ASA firewall? Can you connect the SPA525g phone directly to the UC500 via VPN?
If you have any configuration examples I would be most thankful.
Bryan, no you do not need an ASA. Once the 525 is set up locally throught the VPN Wizard you just have to have an internet connection at the remote site. The 525 will boot, get a local IP and search for the UC500 to get it's extension configuration.
Here is a link that explains the process: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9811
Thanks to both of you for the information. We are implementing this on our UC540, via CCA, and UC520, via CLI. Via CCA seems easy enough using this manual. But I'm unsure which anyconnect .pkg to install on the UC520 and how to install this .pkg via CLI. Any suggestions/tips before I start?
Here is steps for any connect
Download AnyConnect package and upload to UC500
1. Download AnyConnect package from Cisco.com.
• Support > Download Software > Products > Security > Virtual Private Networks >
Cisco VPN Clients > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
• Go for version 2.5.1025: anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.1025-k9.pkg *this should be lates*
2. Upload AnyConnect package to UC500 from FTP server on PC.
copy ftp: flash:
3. Install AnyConnect package.
webvpn install svc flash:anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.1025-k9.pkg
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get right on it! (Was this documented anywhere or did you type it from scratch?)