Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Edit Dial from missed calls does not work with lead #8

Our customer requested that we set thier system to use 8 as the outbound lead number rather than 9.

We configured that and it works fine.

But when users try to return a missed call or place a call from their received calls using their call log, they enter EditDial softkey with the lead 8, and the call does not go through. They get a fast busy.

They are using 524SG handsets.

What are we missing ?  telephony-service shows the 8.T , dial peers look correct...are we missing something in CUE ?

Thanks,

Stacy

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Edit Dial from missed calls does not work with lead #8

It works for SIP too. You just need to modify the rule according to the format that your provider is presenting to you (7 digits, 10 digits, leading "+" sign, etc.).

Thanks,

Marcos

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Stacy,

Refer to this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3089493#3089493

Thanks,

Marcos

Community Member

Marcos- I want to be sure I am understanding corectly- the thread you sent removes having to use edit dial altogether correct ?

and in the voice-translation rules I can simply replace the 9 with an 8 for my specific case ?

Community Member

Can you clarify for me please?

I am looking for a solution to fix the use of the lead 8 in the instance of returning calls from the call logs.  EditDial + 8 + 'missed call' does not work.

If your solution to this is to remove the need to EditDial + 8 , I am all for that as well.... but I am not sure if that's what the doc/thread reference is earlier in this discussion.

Please clarify, I need a solution,

Stacy

Community Member

The thread I pointed you to adds a 9 to the calling number for inbound calls, so when they are listed in the "missed" calls directory you can just select one and hit dial. Just replace the 9 with an 8 and properly identify the dial peers (POTS or VOIP) that will need to have this translation rule for the calling number.

I hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Community Member

Thanks so much- one last question-  will this example config work for a SIP set up ?  or are there slightly different steps involved ?

Stacy

Community Member

It works for SIP too. You just need to modify the rule according to the format that your provider is presenting to you (7 digits, 10 digits, leading "+" sign, etc.).

Thanks,

Marcos

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content