Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation Back to Paid License Pak

We had a situation where one of our clients had a UC560 lost in shipping after it was configured by us and we had to fly out and bring another and set it up from scratch.  I had to use the evaluation licenses while we waited for the original to show up once UPS located it.  I've since taken that UC560 back and set it up at its original destined client but have not been able to revert the Eval license back to the paid licenses.  I can see they're install but when I try to activate them it says they're allready installed.  Or duplicate licenses exists (forgot exact verbaige).  When I click on "Manage" In CCA 3.1.x nothing happens.  How can I convert the active licenses to the License Pak thats already installed?  Am I missing something here?          

3 REPLIES

Hi Mark,

I would recommend that you copy the LIC files from the flash card to a computer, once done then do a "DEL NVRAM" but make sure you have the default .CFG file on the flash card and the IOS.

This will revert the system back to its primitive state

You should be able to then install the licenses again... Well this is what I have done in the past and it has worked for me

Just a thought.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Can you give me a bit more detail. 

TFTP the License files to my computer.  Then delete the NVRAM on the UC560?  Why would I need the default.cfg on the router, wouldn't it pull the startup.cfg from the flash?  Or could I just delete the NVRAM and then copy the startup.cfg to the NVRAM?       

Hi Marcus,

That may work, never tried it that way

I just assumed when I deleted the NVRAM it would also remove any licensing information, but it wont do it on the CUE side of things though.

The license files need to be put back onto the flash card (Normally I just remove it and use a card reader, much easier than TFTP), when you are ready you can use the "install license" command to upgrade the system.

It has been a while since I have had to do it, so before you do it just be prepared that with SWP 8.X it might be an issue, If I had a lab system free to do it on for you so I could then lay it out properly, I would, but I don't have anything free for me to test on right now.

Also the defult .cfg file does not have any license information on it but the default one, a previously backed up configuration might and this may cause some issues, not too sure about that though.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content