Views
Helpful
Replies

exotic characters in SPA525G/G2

gustavolsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some issues with displaying "exotic" characters in the phone display of the SPA525G2. For the SPA50x- and SPA9xx-series I set the charset http-header to "ISO-8859-1". Characters above unicode 0x7F are escaped to their unicode equivalent (this is OK according to documentation). This works well on the aforementioned series but not on the SPA525G/G2 (7.4.6). I have tested different settings; setting the charset-header to "UTF-8", not escape the chars above 0x7F and so on, but I can't seem to get it to work. It's not a display-issue since when I enter the characters in the web GUI they are showed OK in the phone display.

Any hints or pointers? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Gustav;

Sorry for the delay answering. I have escalated your issue. Stay tuned.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto, any news on this? We've run into a related issue where the phone totally locks up if the first character in a field is an "exotic" character, compared to when it just does a bad interpretation if the character is present later in the setting value, example:

Åsa Svensson

...locks up the phone, whereas

Svensson Åsa

just shows a "defect" version of that setting. I'm thinking this might be due to the charencoding affecting the "xml"-syntax and the clause isn't closed properly?

I would really appreciate a solution to this since names with these characters are very common in Sweden.

Hi Gustav,

I've sent you a private message so you can contact me via email. This will allow me to replicate the issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Patrick

----------