Views
Helpful
Replies

External PMS interface

sylvain.lemoine
Level 1
Level 1

HelloEveryone,

I need to interface a PMS software to a UC500.
My needs are :

* Change (Open/close) the customer's extensions rights.

* Personal (and secret) code for ecah customer.

* DID for each customer even if he change his room.

What is the best way to do it ?

Thanks' !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We do not have a single graphical tool that can do all three, but via CLI you could implement extension mobility. With extension mobility, guests could log into the phone in the room using credentials that you give them (username/password). If they log into another room, all the settings "follow" him, such as DID mapping, Voicemail and call permissions. This would be a fit.

Here is a document that details this feature. IT will be far more elegant than modifying all three requirements separately via CLI:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

One last comment, CCA will support EM later this year.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Response form the Product Team:
"UC500/SBCS does not have any type of Hospitality/PMS integration.
Fidileo is a PMS system....
I would not recommend SBCS for this type of opportunity if PMS is required,
which most hotel operators would want."
Thanks,

Marcos

Thank you for it. I well know that there is not any PMS integration in MC500.

But my question was more : "is there any way to change extension parameters via an external link Telnet/ssh or other ?"

Can you give me a use case of what you want to do?

Thanks,

Marcos

Yes, in a clinic :

When there is no customer in a bed the extension must be availlable only for internal calls

When there is a customer in the bed I need to

* Open the right to the extension for external calls

* Give a DID number to this extension and this number follow the customer if he change his room.

* Put a code for the external calls so only the customer who know this code may cll. This code follow  the customer if he change his room.

When there is a check out I need to close all the rights for the extension.

We do not have a single graphical tool that can do all three, but via CLI you could implement extension mobility. With extension mobility, guests could log into the phone in the room using credentials that you give them (username/password). If they log into another room, all the settings "follow" him, such as DID mapping, Voicemail and call permissions. This would be a fit.

Here is a document that details this feature. IT will be far more elegant than modifying all three requirements separately via CLI:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

One last comment, CCA will support EM later this year.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marco.

Thanks for all.

"We do not have a single graphical tool" is not a problem at all because I need to realize an interface between the PMS and the PBX.

Extension Mobility seems to be the good function for my needs even if I have to lok it further.

Thanks again !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: