cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Fax and Modem with UC560

Dear All,

I have a somewhat tricky configuration to make happen and hope you can help me.

I have a UC560-BRI-K9 (located in Germany) that is connected via BRI/ISDN and also utilizes an external SIP-Trunk.

The UC is shared by two related businesses and the Trunks are separated using COR-Lists.

I am now tasked with making both Faxes and Modems work. Via the SIP-Trunk, I only need T.38 to work for inbound and outbound faxes; no problem here. On the BRI-Port however, it is quite a different story: Here, I need both Fax and Modem working. The modem functionality is required by a Power Generator to call for maintenance in case of failure (or be called on a designated number for preventive checks). Furthermore, there also is a Postage Meter that also requires outbound modem comms.

Digging through the configuration documents, I see that the UC500-Series does not support Fax-passthrough and modem-passthrough to be enabled simultaneously as they are handled similarly.

If anyone has come across a solution for my problem, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Fax and Modem with UC560

If you use BRI and the fax or modem is conneceted to a FXS port in the same router, you don't need to worry about anything. It will work fine without any configuration.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Fax and Modem with UC560

If you use BRI and the fax or modem is conneceted to a FXS port in the same router, you don't need to worry about anything. It will work fine without any configuration.

Community Member

Fax and Modem with UC560

Thanks!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Fax and Modem with UC560

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content