cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature request: Voicemail to Email caller ID tags

shuotari2
Level 1
Level 1

Whe I receive a voicemail notification in email, the system appears to be losing the caller ID information from the call. 

The voicemail appears to be coming from Todd at extension 109, but is actually from an outside caller on an fxo port. 

Can we make it so that the caller ID information gets transferred to voicemail?

Voicemail Notification Message ...

Received On: Tue Apr 19 08:15:06 AM 2011

Caller: "Todd Johnson"<109>

Recipient: <Scott Huotari><101>

Duration: 0:19         

5 Replies 5

Hi Scott,

Can you tell us a little bit about how the call reached the voicemail box?  Did someone or the Auto Attendant transfer the call to the mailbox?  Was the incoming FXO configured to ring an extension and then Call Forward No Answer to a mailbox.

Thanks,

Chris

Call comes in on fxo line.

Todd talks with caller.   Presses transfer 7 101 transfer

I am at extension 101

Scott

shuotari2
Level 1
Level 1

Tested it another way.

If Todd takes the call and then presses my BLF button and hangs up, then we get the correct information on CID

Voicemail Notification Message ...

Received On: Mon Apr 25 02:47:19 PM 2011

Caller: CREATIVE COMPUT<5037930250>

Recipient: <101>

Duration: 0:06

And then my phone rebooted.  What causes the phones to reboot sometimes.  Mine usually reboots when Todd intercoms me.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Can you please open a case with the SBSC for the phone reboots?  The phones should not reboot like that.  They will need a copy of your configuration file and as much details as you can provide about the calls (if he has another call on hold at the time he makes the intercom call, etc) that seem to trigger the reboots.

I checked with the engineering team and the wrong caller ID on the VMail to e-mail that you have reported is a known bug.  They are working on it.

Thanks,

Chris