cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Firmware 2.1.1(7)

After applying the new firmware I have been experiencing the following issues:

I am unable to access the unit remotely and I was able to get to the unit prior to the update

The date and time is completely wrong it gives me a date of 1/11/1970

I applied the call waiting PMF file but I am unable to hear the beep when a second call comes in

The system intermittently recognizes the DTMF tones from a cell phone

How should I proceed?

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Community Member

Firmware 2.1.1(7)

Hi,

After upgrading to 2.1.1, have you APPLYed the configuration?  Please confirm that you are indeed on the 2.1.1 firmware and not 2.0.12.  What version of firmware were you running before upgrading?

If you are still having problems, you should put a call into the Small Business Customer Support center:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Chris

Community Member

Firmware 2.1.1(7)

Does firmware release UC320W_2.1.1_7_082811_1621.bin solve the caller ID problem experienced with certain DMS switches ?  I spoke to someone at Cisco about a week and a half ago and they said that there would be an adjustable timer in this release that would solve digit timing problems when the CLID is transmitted between the first and second rings.

I upgraded my UC320 in the lab this morning and I don't see any adjustable timer nor do I see any mention of CLID fixes in the release notes.

Thanks.

Community Member

Re: Firmware 2.1.1(7)

Hi,

There was a caller ID fix for FXO submitted in the 2.1 firmware.  Unfortunately, it was ommited from the release notes.  There is nothing new in the GUI to allow you to adjust the caller ID timers.  If caller ID is not working for you on the 2.1.1 (7) firmware, I suggest that you open a case with the support center:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Chris

Message was edited by: Christopher Edgeworth

Community Member

Hi Chris,

I spoke to a Cisco TAC person a week and a half ago about caller ID on a particular UC320 that I have that works in one central office but not in another.  I verified that CLID was working in both offices with an analog phone.  In both cases, I connected the UC320 directly to the OE's of the DMS switches.  It would display in one office but not the other.

The Cisco person told me that last week's release would have an adjustable timer to synchronize on  the digits between the first and second rings of the phone lines. 

The guys in my crew spread over the 905 and 416 area codes are all experiencing this same trouble. 

Do you think that we should be opening individual cases for each of these ?

Thanks.  Jon

Community Member

Jon,

Do make sure you have run the Impedance Matching tool on each FXO line for the site where it is not working.  What is your case number and I'll review the case notes?  How are the inbound FXO calls routed?  Do they go to the AA?  Are they Shared FXO Lines?  Do they route to a huntgroup or shared extension?

Chris

Community Member

Chris,

I ran the impedance matching tool for each of the lines.  The system is set to PBX mode.  There is no AA for this customer.

All sets are in the same hunt group and ring directly/simultaneously when calls come in.  Once I ran the matching tool for each line, I tried incrementing/decrementing the gain on each line to a maximum of +/- 3dB by 1dB intervals.

As I said before, I even tried connecting the UC directly to the switch in the central offices.  Works in some CO's but not others.  Each time I verified CLID with and analog phone to make sure the option was programmed in the DMS.

Unfortunately I don't have a case number as my 3rd level support had bridged me on with the TAC person at Cisco and it seemed that 2.1.1(7) was going to be the panacea.

Thx.  Jon

Community Member

Hi Jon,

I'm assuming the DMS is using the Bell 202 standard  for caller ID.  I'd suggest opening a case with the SBSC.  There is an  audio capture tool that can get CallerID information too.  They can look  at the caller ID signal strength.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content