cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware 7.5.3 Upgrade Utility

arcticsands
Level 1
Level 1

The SPA50x-30x-7-5-3.exe firmware upgrade utility does not connect to the SPA502G phones.

I'm on the same LAN, can ping the phones, and can change the phone settings via the phone Web GUI but the firmware upgrade utility does not connect to the phone.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Mike                 

4 Replies 4

noctradeit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michael,

Do you get an error message when you use the utility? Did you also select the right ip address in the field Your IP Address?

Kind regards,

Richard Vernooij

Have you done a Reset to default factory settings before performing the firmware upgrade.

Another thing you should be aware of, is that according to the Release notes, before you upgrade into 7.5.3, you should be on Firmware level 7.5.2b.

Joao

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your response.

I set the SPA IP address as per the SPA Network Current IP address.

The "Your IP Address" (PC LAN address) is correct as I've confirmed with the ipconfig command.

The first thing that doesn't happen is the utilities SPA information pop-up that is supposed to get populated with all the phone information does not show any phone information.  After hitting the Upgrade button all that happens is you get the "Waiting for Firmware Download Request from SPA" that goes on and on (I've let it go for ~ 5 minutes before giving up and hitting Cancel).

Again, I've done all that the utility states if the firmware download does not start:

- phone is idle;

- diaabled PC firewall; and,

- PC and SPA are on the same LAN.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Joao,

Thank you for your response.

Present SPA firmware: 7.5.2(u3).

No, I have not done a Reset to default factory settings.  I'm extremely cautious about reseting anything to factory defaults when the device (any device) is functional (working without any problems).  Call me chicken.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: