Views
Helpful
Replies

First Installation

Dturner4777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

First impressions of the uc320w after my first install. I can see the potential in this product but needs upgrades.

I understand that this type of PBX is for the smaller business, but in my 15 years telecoms experience the small clients can be the most challenging and the most demanding.

Firstly the resets need to go, make a little change or you forget to change something and you have to wait 5mins and reboots everything, I have seen this in some PBX's where you make changes then apply all changes together but never the resets, understandably this was my first installation so the amount of resets should go down, but i must of done around 10-15 changes, that’s 75mins of resets. PLEASE Cisco, with 2 billion in the R&D budget I’m sure you can change this.

Also Call Barring/Restriction needs to be added, I remember this when PBX's first came out.

Also Audio handset gain adjustment setting on the phone, sometimes the caller has problems hearing me.

More customizable options for Dial Plan (Digit Mapping)

3.5G (HSDPA) as 2 WAN via usb port

Some of these features are an option for the future, but the resets/reboots has to be scrapped!!

Thanks

Dave

5 Replies 5

jksanford
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with you on the resets/reboots.  It is horrible.  My first customer that I've installed this with has asked if he can have his old response point unit/phones back...

I also think the VM to email component is extremely flakey...

James

Hi James,

Can you please expand on your problems with VM to email?

Thanks,

Chris

Also Call Barring/Restriction needs to be added, I remember this when PBX's first came out.

Also Audio handset gain adjustment setting on the phone, sometimes the caller has problems hearing me.

More customizable options for Dial Plan (Digit Mapping)

3.5G (HSDPA) as 2 WAN via usb port

Some of these features are an option for the future, but the resets/reboots has to be scrapped!!

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, the resets are a hot topic and the engineering team is working to reduce the number of resets required and the amount of time it takes.  You will see this improve over the upcoming firmware releases.

Call Barring/Restriction is a feature on our list under consideration for a future feature release.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by:  "More customizable options for Dial Plan (Digit Mapping)"?

Thanks,

Chris

I agree there should a way to apply a dial pattern. Some SIP providers have better rates for certain countries.  You should be able to enter a pattern for example:

9 gets outside line fxo

9 011 98 gives you sip provider1

9 011 90 gives you sip provider2

It's good to hear Cisco are taking these features seriously for the Small Business UC320. I totally agree with Dave's comments, small business customers are often the most demanding. Barring, Digit Mapping(or call routing) & the Constant Reboots are our main issues.. Our other supplier systems are beating the UC320 to the punch due to these restrictions.

Looking forward to the future releases!

Matt