Views
Helpful
Replies

First Time Using CCA

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use CCA. When I connect to a preconfigured UC540 and attempted to make configuration changes, for instance, clicking Telephony/Region, a popup window comes out saying "The voice system has not been initialized." Will this erase the current configuraion if I click "OK" to initialize the system?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Telephony Setup Wizard (TSW) requires a factory default configuration to run.  If you are new, you should use it.

While it is quite possible to configure an entire system in what we call 'expert mode', which is knowing where to go in those drawers on the left frame of CCA and configuring each area, once you change anything, then TSW wont run unless you restore it to factory default (CCA Maintenance drawer supports that too).

I think the first time you touch a UC 500 system in expert mode, it will ask you for Local and number of digits, or something similar.  That what your seeing?

You should probably start with TSW first.

I wrote a lab on a typical install using it (and then expert mode after that cause you cant do everything in TSW)

Look for Lab 25 here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Telephony Setup Wizard (TSW) requires a factory default configuration to run.  If you are new, you should use it.

While it is quite possible to configure an entire system in what we call 'expert mode', which is knowing where to go in those drawers on the left frame of CCA and configuring each area, once you change anything, then TSW wont run unless you restore it to factory default (CCA Maintenance drawer supports that too).

I think the first time you touch a UC 500 system in expert mode, it will ask you for Local and number of digits, or something similar.  That what your seeing?

You should probably start with TSW first.

I wrote a lab on a typical install using it (and then expert mode after that cause you cant do everything in TSW)

Look for Lab 25 here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836

Thanks.

My system has been programmed via CLI. I was learn to use CCA.

Cheers.

Then if you want to learn, factory default it and start over, because we dont support CLI with CCA :-)

Hi Steve,

The system is in production use. I cannot default it.

So I cannot use CCA on that?

Best regards.

correct.   you cannot.

Buy anothert one for your lab and play with that.  :-)

Dont learn on your production system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: