cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FW 7.4.6 Bluetooth Issues

daniel.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple phones experienceing the same issue using FW 7.4.6. The  audio on the bluetooth seems to stop working as soon as someone uses the  speakerphone while the Bluetooth is paired. If a user attempts to make a  call with the bluetooth after making a call using speakerphone there is  no audio. The phone almost doesn't recognize the BT anymore because  pushing the pickup button on the headset won't make the phone pickup or  hangup a call. The simplest way to make it work (were talking about  stanard non-techinical end users) is to power cycle the phone. This happens with multiple brands of bluetooth headsets and with multiple phones.

6 Replies 6

rcanavan
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the SPA525G phone with the above noted firmware.  Using the Plantronics Voyager Pro headset we do not appear to be having this issue.

The only thing of note is that there appears to be a 2 second delay in hanging up the phone using the on/off hook button on the headset.  Other than that it is working pretty good.

There is already a bug raised for general (but spasmodic )  slow keypad response - This is restricted to the 525 on 7.4.6 but not just  Bluetooth releated.

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

Please take a look at your SPA525G's phone's Info tab > System Information > Bluetooth Firmware Version:

If yours is less than 0.00.34 then upgrade with the attached and try with the devices that the phone was having issues with please.

Upgrade as follows:

1. Save attachment [10MB file]
  2. Uncompress compressed archive
  3. Move spa525g_7-4-6-bt2.bin to your TFTP or HTTP server's directory
  4. Use your browser to upgrade the phone by typing in the following URL:

http:///admin/upgrade?http://

more details here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9941

The attached will upgrade your phone to 7.4.6 and update Bluetooth to 0.00.34.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

You only need one reference document for all SPA phone firmware, information, and utilities.

Thanks for the reply.

The firmware did not resolve the issue. The issue is still there with an Emerson headset.Once the problem happens with the Emerson i able unable to pair. I receive an error message, stating "Device Error". Before the new firmware I couldn't even delete the Emerson profile without rebooting the phone first. Now I am at least able to delete the Emerson.

I will test a Plantronics device tomorrow.

Daniel,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm am going to PM you in order to better understand what is going on.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

You only need one reference document for all SPA phone firmware, information, and utilities.

I have been testing for the past few days with the Plantronics headset and have not had any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: