Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GDM personalized message

Hi, I have UC 540. Every user has its own DID and if user is not there call will be forwarded to voicemail (39), after which user will receive email with the message. On the other hand there is ISDN line, and blast group. So all phones ring, and if nobody answers the call, it will be forwarded to voicemail (39).

Now the problem is that I can, without any problem (for DID), create personalized message. That message  I will be played if I don't answer. On the other hand that is not the case. I am not able to setup personalized message. That way when somebody calls, he gets "This is general delivery mailbox, user "" is not here"". which is really stupid. Can you please help me.

How to configure GDM with personalized message ?

I tried to configure from the phone device itself

CME Service URL -> login -> General Delivery Mailboxes -> blast1 ->GDM Options -> Greetings (Standard and Alternative are active)->Record (then I am either able to record, but like it is not saved altough it takes some time to save, or it says that I reached max time limit)

thanks

6 Replies 6

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You can record the GDM greetings from the phones as well. The voicemail account you use to record the greeting needs to have permission to access the GDM. From the main voicemail menu press 9 for GDM, and then listen to the IVR for the setup options to record a personalized greeting.

Thanks,

-john

Hi, thank you for your answer. when I use office phone and call 39 (voicemail) and log in , I don't have menu option 9. Can you please send me some configuration links since I obviously don't have the right to edit GDM.

And one more question I just saw that in some article Auto Attendant is mentioned, is it mandatory to use AA. I think I don't have that configured.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

You may change the greeting from one of the phones which are able to log in and to check the GDM. Once they get into the GDM they have the option to do so. Should be available for the blast group members.

It is not mandatry to use AA.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Hi, thank you for your responces. It seems that I am already in the group. I had the same problem afterwards, and then I started repeating the process recording the name for the voicemail. At one point I succeeded but it is not quite clear what I said. So I need to do that once again.

I do have again a question, not it is something like

This is general delivery mailbox, user "(And then my voice)" is not here"

Can I somehow record something that doesn't have this generic voice part ..... especially because it is supposed to be in German...... Or I need for that AA ??

Thanks

Hello,

You need to record the custom greeting for the phone in order to replace the:

This is general delivery mailbox, user "(And then my voice)" is not here

Page 2 of this document shows you how to access GDM setup options: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/quick/voicemail/enu/86vq_enu.pdf

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: