cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

General Deliver Mailbox management

dmueth
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a new UC520 and I configured a GD mailbox to be shared across several users which I want to use as a mailbox for after hours messages.  I created the mailbox and shared extension on the phones, but I cannot figure out how to access it to set the greating or manage the mailbox.  When I dial into VM and it ask me for my ID, if I put in the GD mailbox extension, it says it is not valid.

4 Replies 4

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

With GDM everyone that is part of that GDM has to have a configured mailbox. So if you have users that have not configured there mailbox you will not be able to access the GDM. Once all the mailboxs are configure when a user calls there personal mailbox they should get an option **usally option 9 *** to access the GDM. From there you can set up the mailbox greeting and so on.

Correct as answered.

Just wanted to add that I personally prefer shared line GDMs opposed to hunt group GDMs since the share gives a visual (flashing envelope icon next to button) message waiting indication on member phones.

I always keep line 1 as the individual extension of that phone, so it can create the personal voice mail box and thus manage the GDM (using option as correctly mentioned).

Steve DiStefano

Steve,

I have a customer that I would like to implement the GDM you describe. Is there a document or application note that will outline the steps for the GDM shared line and having the envelope flash on the member phone?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Bert

Happy new year Albert,

If its not in the CCA admin guide, we can make one for you, and it is part of TEL 25. There is a shared dual line (extension 250), and a shared octal line (251) in that config guide and also in the demo guide on that TEL page with all the labs.

Remember that only traditional Cisco phones support Octal Line (not SPA), so that's something to consider for which type to implement. Octal shares are able to use cBarge and can have multiple calls ring on the share while members handle existing calls. A shared dual takes one call and the rest go to GDM. Of course they both support hold and resume of existing calls. You can also incorporate shared dials into a single overlay to get more calls handled.

The flashing envelope Is demonstrated on 'the Office' demo guide, pretty sure, but it works and you will see it for either type.

Hope this helps for now.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: