Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Progaming Soft Keys for SPA509

Hello all, I'm a new entry level tech for a small voip provider.   We have a bunch Cisco SPA509 phones out in the field and I've been tasked with progamming some soft keys that use * codes. 

Right now I'm starting at very beginning (level 0).  I can login to the web gui of the phone, I go to Voice>Phone> tab.  Scroll to the bottom, Programmable Softkey Enable = Yes.  

In the connected key list I have:  hold|1;endcall|2;xfer|4;toggle;

I'd like to have slot 3 of this list to be *6 to send to a parking lot (which is handled by the pbx).   

If I press *6 on the dial pad, it works.  However, if I try to use a speed dial *6 (which I used an empty line key for testing), the phone puts the current call on hold and tries to dial *6 on a new line.  (which of course does not do what I want to do). 

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
VIP Gold

Speed dial has never been

Speed dial has never been considered as "dial pad macro". It is a way how to initiate new call (e.g. current call needs to be put on hold). 

I know no method to program PSK to send DTMF during active call.

Hi Dan, Thank you for your

Hi Dan, 

Thank you for your reply.   Do you know if a side car button can be programmed to be used as dial pad macro?

VIP Gold

As far as I know, there is no

As far as I know, there is no difference (issue-related) between main body buttons and side car buttons. Sorry.

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content