cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get the UC520 to add 1 and area code to locally dialed numbers?

mcastrigno
Level 1
Level 1

I want to add 1 plus to the area code to my locally dialed numbers.

How can I the UC520 to realize it is a local call from the user prospective but add 1 plus the area code so the SIP trunk provider can process the call.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edit the following rules  using the CLI (make additions where appropriate):

!
voice translation-rule 1112
rule 1 /^91/ /+1/
rule 2 /^9011/ /+/
rule 4 /^9/ /+1/
!
voice translation-profile OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
translate calling 1111
translate called 1112
!

Make sure that your SIP dial peers (1000 range) have the profile applied, for example

!
dial-peer voice 1001 voip
corlist outgoing call-local
description ** Outgoing call to SIP trunk (Generic SIP Trunk Provider) **
translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing
!

The above feature is called a "voice translation rule" and uses an SED-like syntax for digit manipulation. More info on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

View solution in original post

This is not currently possible via CCA. But the CLI I posted should be safe. Give that a try. If you run into any issues, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edit the following rules  using the CLI (make additions where appropriate):

!
voice translation-rule 1112
rule 1 /^91/ /+1/
rule 2 /^9011/ /+/
rule 4 /^9/ /+1/
!
voice translation-profile OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
translate calling 1111
translate called 1112
!

Make sure that your SIP dial peers (1000 range) have the profile applied, for example

!
dial-peer voice 1001 voip
corlist outgoing call-local
description ** Outgoing call to SIP trunk (Generic SIP Trunk Provider) **
translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing
!

The above feature is called a "voice translation rule" and uses an SED-like syntax for digit manipulation. More info on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks marchern

I am trying to use CCA as much as possible and only use the CLI when absolutely necessary. The two don't play that nice together but the less I use the cli the less likely i am to upset CCA.

Is this functionality you describe available in CCA?

Thanks.

This is not currently possible via CCA. But the CLI I posted should be safe. Give that a try. If you run into any issues, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Marcos

I guess the obvoius question here is what about the inbound direction?

Is there a "default" expectation of how the numbers are to be set? Right now I think the sip trunk provider sends 1(area code) number with no "+" in front

I cannot yet recieve calls. I am simply trying to set up a  single line SIP Trunk  to DID right to one phone.

Right now under:

Configure->Telephony->Voice->Dial Plan

I have a Direct inward dial translation sending the one number to the extention i want to ring but no luck yet

see the attached screen shot

thanks

Hi,

If you do a "debug ccsip messages" in CLI, you should get some info from the SIP provider regarding the call, and from there investigate further on your setup. DonĀ“t forget "term mon" to get messages on screen if your not using console,

Regards

Eivind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: