Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you troubleshoot Jitter & Latency?

Does anyone recommend a type of packet sniffer to determine jitter and or latency?

If a client complains about "silent" spaces and/or noise what is the best way to determine the cause?

Is there a "Cisco recommended" software or freeware?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Re: How do you troubleshoot Jitter & Latency?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ios_xe/voice_cube_-_ent/configuration/guide/vb_11099_xe.html

Use Wireshark with SIP filtering and look for the BYE message to see endpoint to endpoint stats.

Ya know, the phones also have history of connections and I have seen this there too...

Re: How do you troubleshoot Jitter & Latency?

Hi Paul,

There is a command which for some reason I am unable to remember of the top of my head, that allows you to see this on the IOS per ephone I believe...

This is one method, to which was used frequently when I did an ISR 2800 deployment with 30 remote CIPC staff coming in on the system, but I suspect your question though is pertaining more to a SIP trunk and the users experience of that right?

Wireshark is good for this although you really have to wade through a truck load chatter and at times can be confusing.

As soon as I can remember or even find the command I will post it for you to check that one out as well.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content