cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many calls can you stack on a 509g telephone?

bryan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

How many calls can you stack on a 509g telephone?

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Dear  Bryan

As you must be aware by now the SPA phones support dual calls per button.

So,  how can I answer three or more calls per button.

Interesting question and It can't be done with the SPA500 series.

But there is a work around that does allow for for than two calls to come into a SPA500 phone that may be used for the operator position.. 

In my example below, you will see that I call forwarded on Busy,  my primary extension to extension 211.

In turn, I could forward on busy 211  to a third extension  212 that reside as buttons on my SPA phone.

Extension 211 and extension 212  are just dummy numbers i created to allow for this sort of functionality.

I wish i could say I could have three buttons with extension 201 on my phone, but i don;t think that functionality works.

Hope this helps,

But can't claim the cudos, I gotta thank the wonderful folks at Partner helpline who directed me to the Partner Design support folks at Small business Support center, whio gave me this answer..

regards Dave

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Bryan,

Dave H. has basically answered your question as to setting up dual line extensions, then cascading the calls to the next extension/button..   So, with that said, the SPA509 has 12 buttons, and can theoretically support up to 24 calls.  Not something that I would suggest doing though..

Thank you,

Darren

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bryan,

Are park slots not an option? You use up system resources then instead of locking up the phones resources... Or is there a specific need to create more Dual-Line keys on the phone??

Is this for a busy reception environment? I can see any other reason that this would be needed unless you have a phone that is trying to handle quite a few calls in which case the SPA-500 series is not really the right phone, an Octo-Line phone would be best suited for that operation (7900 series phones).

Just some food for thought

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *