cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add bXfer to softkeys on SPA504G?

brett0007
Level 1
Level 1

I want to customize my softkeys and add bXfer, how do I do it?  In general, how do I customize softkeys on a SPA504G?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reference to all kind of documentations, including the Administrator guide can be found in Small Business IP Phone Documentation document, chapter Phone Administration Guides.

Such document is highlited as Featured Content on top of "All contents" tab page of this page and on right column of "Overview" tab).

In advance, you can found it using Google, Bing, Yahoo or other engine according your's preference asking for "Cisco SPA504G Administrator Guide".

Or you can download it just here.

Hope it help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Read Administrator Guide, (not only) chapter "Customizing phone softkeys".

Of course, particular PSK will not be displayed unless relevant service is enabled in configuration. In the case of bXfer it mean that Blind Xfer Serv needs to be enabled (as properly documented in the chapter I mentioned above).

I would be happy to read the Administrator Guide if I had one.  The only thing that came on the CD was a Quick Setup guide.  I downloaded the User Guide from the Cisco web site and I have searched that guide for the answer, but didn't find anything, hence this post.  If you would provide a link to the Admin Guide I would appreciate it, or if you can provide the answer or a link to a post with the answer, that would be good too.

Reference to all kind of documentations, including the Administrator guide can be found in Small Business IP Phone Documentation document, chapter Phone Administration Guides.

Such document is highlited as Featured Content on top of "All contents" tab page of this page and on right column of "Overview" tab).

In advance, you can found it using Google, Bing, Yahoo or other engine according your's preference asking for "Cisco SPA504G Administrator Guide".

Or you can download it just here.

Hope it help.

Thanks Dan, I wasn't even aware there was an Admin Guide.  I downloaded it and I'll look through it for the answers.

Thanks again.

You are welcome. If yours question has been answered consider tagging thread as answered. It will help others to found the solutions.

Dan,

Thanks for your replies.  It turns out that the softkeys are context-aware, meaning that the bXfer key is only available while on a call, and I believe not if the caller has been put on hold.  I wasn't aware of that until reading the Admin guide - it's not clear in the Users guide.  I appreciate your recommendation about the Admin guide because, as I said, I wasn't even aware there was one.  But for all others searching for this or similar issues, knowing that the softkeys are context-aware is helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: